2019 GTI 130 SE ran with low oil.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmith999

Hi all. Brand new to the world of jet skis. I recently bought a used 2019 GTI 130 SE, with 12 hours on it. Got it home and on my dock, checked the oil, and the dipstick was bone dry. Followed all the directions on checking oil - let it run for a few minutes (in the water) turned it off and waited 30 seconds. Still bone dry. Added 1 quart of oil and it shows on the dipstick at the add line. Gonna go buy another quart and get it to the middle of the operating range or a little higher. Never had any warning lights, and it runs great. Should I be worried about engine damage from the previous owner?

One more question. Does everyone use ethanol free gas?

Thanks for helping a newbie.

Hi all. Brand new to the world of jet skis. I recently bought a used 2019 GTI 130 SE, with 12 hours on it. Got it home and on my dock, checked the oil, and the dipstick was bone dry. Followed all the directions on checking oil - let it run for a few minutes (in the water) turned it off and waited 30 seconds. Still bone dry. Added 1 quart of oil and it shows on the dipstick at the add line. Gonna go buy another quart and get it to the middle of the operating range or a little higher. Never had any warning lights, and it runs great. Should I be worried about engine damage from the previous owner?

One more question. Does everyone use ethanol free gas?

Thanks for helping a newbie.

So, no responses in 2 weeks? I need to find a more helpful board. Good luck everyone

I know with the supercharged models that middle of the add-full marks is where you want to be. Im not sure if it’s as critical with the N/A models. If it’s running strong I would say you’re probably ok. You might want to keep a closer than normal eye on the oil for a little while to make sure it’s not leaking or burning any. Enjoy.

Well, these shouldn't burn oil, so the question is where'd it go?

Optimum level is in the middle of the dip stick.

The lack of a warning light or check engine light is promising. It should display a message on the display and produce a continuous beep if it gets low enough.

I've put over 500 hours on 4 stroke SeaDoos with 87 octane w/ethanol fuel, but I ride at least once a month, year round. If I were to let my ski sit unused for extended periods, I'd use non ethanol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back