2017 gti se with cracked hull.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Flaterap

Can a hull be replaced reasonably? Had a bit of an issue with a large raft and the unit took on lots of water. Changed oil a few times and it now appears clean. Engine runs with no weird sounds.
2017 sea doo gti se
are there specific things I need to be careful with as I do this repair?
Any parts I should look to replace just because?

where is a good place to get parts?

Your description reads as if your ski was sinking, but your engine is good and no water ingestion issues, which is good to hear. I have never replaced a hull, but yes it is possible to do. Major job for a very experienced person to do at home - likely need a hoist to lift the top of the ski off and to pull the engine. I would see if you could maybe plastic weld or repair the hull first? I don’t know anywhere other than the dealer to buy a new hull, so likely a dealer purchase.

2017? So you have a fiberglass hull…. Sorry - you should definitely look at a boat fiberglass type repair rather first rather than replacing the hull. If you can’t repair and need a new hull, you might be best to buy another used ski in good condition and sell yours for parts?

Back