2007 Seadoo GTI Info and Troubleshooting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

djcomm

Hi Everyone!

I initially posted this in the wrong forum. I have acquired a 2007 Seadoo GTI 4 TEC. I am not familiar with this model and had a few questions as I try to bring this boat back to life. I bought it with the understand that it ran fine the last time it was used (2021). Of course the fuel was bad as well as the battery. I have put a new battery on the boat, siphoned all of the gas out of the tank (thinking there was only 2 or so gallons in the tank by the percentage filled in the tank, surprisingly I brought out over 7 gallons). I have put 2 gallons of new fuel in the tank and tried to crank. The engine turns over with no problem but does not hit after about 20 to 30 minutes of intermittently trying (allowing starter to cool frequently).

Next step was to check all of the fuses (main panel all are good). I have pulled the plugs out and have determined I want to replace them as my next step. I will pick some up in a day or two. I smell fuel on the plugs so my first assumption is there is fuel making it to the cylinders. I know that is not a good test of working fuel pump and injectors, but I am looking for, at a minimum, a vague sign of life when I turn the engine over.

The questions I have for the group are the following:

• When plugging the key in I get the expected 2 beeps. However at times I get 4 beeps after cranking. Occasionally I get a long tone. I know anything outside of the 2 ready beeps there should be a message on the info center (which is also broken in my case). So, without the gauges and not knowing someone that has Buds what are the recommendations or concerns with the additional beeps or tone?
  • I understand that on some skiis the information center must be working for the boat to run. However I have not found any information that applies to this model. Please correct me if I have overlooked something in the forums.
  • Next, I have looked everywhere for information on the engine that is in my unit. The EIN is M6540219. It does not have a turbo and there are no other stickers on the model number outside of GTI on the external hull. So, I am assuming it is a standard GTI and not an SE. It is a white boat and yellow seat. With that information, I am assuming it is a standard GTI 130HP. Is there anywhere else I can look to validate that information, or is that all I need?
  • Would you replace the coils with the plugs in this case?
  • Any other "I would do the following" comments are welcome (except maybe drag it to the dealer).
I have no problem getting my hands dirty and am experienced with restoring old cars (nothing with an ECM though). Lets just say I am a beginner with boat mechanics.

Thank you for the add to the group and I am excited about the possibility of getting this on the water soon.

Doug

The 4 beeps are just the key on reminder and normal. The long beep can be communication error with cluster or low voltage. Usually non readable clusters still work well enough to at least make it run. Start with basics, fuel, compression, and spark. Pull the fuel rail to make sure injectors are firing with a good spray pattern while cranking. Check compression post numbers, should be 120-180. Ground plug and confirm spark visually. I wouldn't buy anything yet. Let the results lead you to what will need to be bought. If you hold the throttle wide open while cranking it will not spark and not inject fuel which is good for checking compression, called drown mode.

Does it have a white bottom or black/gray bottom? Does sound like the standard gti 130. All NA 4tec engines are basically the same.

Thanks for the info. Worked on it for the past 2 weeks and was able to get it to fire Saturday morning and had it on the lake Monday afternoon. Runs great with 120-130 compression on each cylinder. Man it sucks the fuel. 5 gallons in 90 minutes of fairly hard running.

So, now the little things. Still nothing on the guages. Need to gelcoat the nicks, and repair the seat. Duck tape makes it look like the Beverly Hillbillies jet ski.

Recommendation on guage repair or just replace it? Anyone had success with repair? If replace what are good outlet for purchase? And I would assume I would have to take it to the dealer for association with the ECM.

For the cluster, the China ones work well and cost less than $300 on ebay. Repair is not an option for that style cluster. Is it sun burnt, water intrusion, or just not working? A new cluster will need to be flashed and married using buds which a dealer can do it 10 minutes.

5 gallons in 90 minutes is normal. Supercharged skis can use double that.

For the cluster, the China ones work well and cost less than $300 on ebay. Repair is not an option for that style cluster. Is it sun burnt, water intrusion, or just not working? A new cluster will need to be flashed and married using buds which a dealer can do it 10 minutes.

5 gallons in 90 minutes is normal. Supercharged skis can use double that.
I thought I had a picture of it but nothing close up. It looks like LCD bleed and there is no data on the screen at all. The protective plastic cover is cracked too.

The ski did not have the cap that goes above the cluster on it when I bought it. I found one and put it on before I even tried to see if the cluster worked. Now I want to remove the plastic cap and clean and reseat the connectors to see if that does anything. Apparently the back side of the cluster was exposed to weather for a couple of years.

As I ride it now I am depending on beeps to give me some info (like low fuel).

If the Chinese stuff holds up I may look there. I have found new replacements for almost 800 which I assume is OEM.

Back