2010 GTX 155 Oil Filter Access

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt99199

Hello All,

I recently purchased a 2010 GTX 155 with only 40 hours on it and this is my first season winterizing a jet ski.
Already drained the oil, replaced the coolant, added some bearing grease to the jet pump etc but what I'm cautious about (since google didn't turn up much) is how to get at the dang oil filter. I removed the top of the air silencer cover and the intake leading into it but I can't figure how to move the box itself out of the way since it's attached at the bottom to the throttle body.
Any advice? Should I just try to push it aside after the two bolts are removed and remove the filter that way? or do you actually remove the whole box for each oil filter change?

It seems other models might not have this design since all the reference videos do not show it.

Not familier with the "box"? Buddy has a 2010, pretty sure it looked exactly like mine under the seat less the S/C, don't remember his filter being covered by anything.. Got a picture?

Found the only way to access the filter was to remove the top and unbolt the air intake. Then I could push it to the side and unbolt the filter. Good to go now.

You are doing something wrong if you are changing the oil filter. Nothing needs to come off, the oil filter is in the cylinder at the top rear of the motor with a single bolt through the cap. Remove the bolt and pull off the oil cap. It sounds like you are trying to get to the oil cooler by removing the intake manifold. There is nothing serviceable in the oil cooler. It should take about 2 minutes to change an oil filter.

Found the only way to access the filter was to remove the top and unbolt the air intake. Then I could push it to the side and unbolt the filter. Good to go now.

Yes, that's what you need to do. BRP did some weird changes in 2010 that didn't continue on in later years.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back