RXT-X 300 oil overfilled ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

geo55

Greeting, so I purchased a used 2021 RXT-X300 this spring, ran it few times this summer and all was OK.. I happened to check the oil while on jet ski port and noticed it was over the full marks, but figured it wasn't level and didn't do the procedure, so left it. Now , winterizing it, I sucked out 5 quarts of oil, following the steps, 2 minute run time etc, and cranking it wide open throttle for 10 seconds a few times to extract more oil....Was it over filled ? Specs say 3.2 qts oil change with filter, capacity 5.3 qts.

There is only one full mark? and it sure sounds like it was over filled. You should get in the habit of checking your oil level more often. After a ride on the water is the most convenient. Up to normal temp and level.

Dip stick has marks for the level to be in between. Yes I was slacking on checking it.. Specs say 3.2 quarts of oil capacity with filter change. 5.3 quarts total capacity. Whats up with that ?

it is very difficult to get 4 quarts out of a 4tec,,,and the filter cartridge only holds about 1/2 quart.

I made sure my evacuator was empty, & I have quart makings on it.. to be sure I poured it into an empty 5 quart jug with qt/liter marks, and it filled it.

While we are on the subject and you get your oil level where it reads half way between the marks with the engine level and up to temp on a consistent basis, and then when its time to change your oil, usually pre storage, just put back in whatever quantity you take out using your graduated evacuator. Certainly takes the guess work out of the project and that 3.2 quarts spec is always pretty close. Think of it more as a oil refresh, not an oil change because almost 40% of the used oil stays in the crankcase.

Last edited:
skiasylum, thanks. I refilled it and gradually added between the marks on the dip stick.. 3.2 quart...made sure it was level, ran it per owners manual for oil level check a few times...all set and will recheck in spring....

Back