2016 RXT-X 300 NOT STARTING

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonysnyder

I was riding my 2016 RXT-X 300 around 35 to 40 MPH when the power dropped down to 20 MPH... I hit the acceleration / gas quickly as I thought maybe something got stuck in the intake grate. Once I did this the jet ski engine died immediately followed by some smoke from the engine compartment underneath the seat. A buddy towed me back to land where I immediately checked the intake grate which was clear. It also looks like the jet pump is clear from obstruction as well. I do not have any ECU codes on the SeaDoo display. Right now when I try to start the engine it just cranks and sounds like there is resistant when trying to turn over. The machine has 62 hours on it and was always serviced and always flushed after every ride. The engine oil looks clean and is not dark / burnt or black. I pulled the plugs and tried to start it, still sounded like some resistance- spark plug is collapsed.. not sure what this could be.. any guidance is greatly appreciated!

I suggest you post a picture of the "collapsed spark plug" so we have a better understanding of what you mean.

If the tip is damaged, you may want to look in the cylinder to see what it hit. A compression check will indicate if a valve was damaged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back