2009 GTX iS 255 - remove/disable the SuperCharger??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

markusAkino

Hi there,
This may be a really silly question, and probably is, but is there a simple way to remove the supercharger from a supercharged model? Is the intake system mechanically a lot different? Or is the charger just tacked on to increase pressure?

The reason I ask is I'm keen on a GTXiS model for fishing, but I'd rather not have the worry of the SC.

Also, I wouldn't drive it hard. Probably spend most of the running time at around 30mph. Does this increase the reliability of SC's?

Thanks

Just get the GTX 155 with the suspension then. It's much easier than removing a supercharger from a SC model. But to answer your original question, yes it can be done but it will be costly, requiring lots of parts and labor. In the end you'd have a very poorly performing ski as the 255 was designed to run supercharged. You also can have a key programmed to keep you at 30moh or 35mph if you'd like but why? There no point in buying a SC model if you don't want the performance of it. Look into the GTX/S. It sound like everything you're looking for.

No-one around here (Auckland, New Zealand) has the GTX iS 155. I have no idea why, but I have never seen one.

What about low rev use and it's impact on supercharger longevity?

Hi there,
This may be a really silly question, and probably is, but is there a simple way to remove the supercharger from a supercharged model? Is the intake system mechanically a lot different? Or is the charger just tacked on to increase pressure?

The reason I ask is I'm keen on a GTXiS model for fishing, but I'd rather not have the worry of the SC.

Also, I wouldn't drive it hard. Probably spend most of the running time at around 30mph. Does this increase the reliability of SC's?

Thanks

Supercharged engines have lower compression per cylinder. Example : 215 hp = 140 psi. Same block - lower hp = 185 psi compression.
So, removing SC would be a bad idea. Sell or trade for another PWC.

Supercharged engines have lower compression per cylinder. Example : 215 hp = 140 psi. Same block - lower hp = 185 psi compression.
So, removing SC would be a bad idea. Sell or trade for another PWC.

Isn't it the other way around, more cylinder compression via supercharger forcing a denser air mix into the chamber?

ps. I have since bought a 2014 gtx 155

Isn't it the other way around, more cylinder compression via supercharger forcing a denser air mix into the chamber?

ps. I have since bought a 2014 gtx 155

One would think that, but no. That is the compression taken while cranking the engine. Not while it is running. You have the supercharger so any higher pressure would blow the head.

You have to have lower initial pressure to allow the supercharger to add additional pressure during operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back