2009 RXT IS 255 hull leak (photo attached)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

danduta

Would like to ask the forum before I start to dismantle things. Just bought a 2009 RXT 255 with 17 hrs on the clock.
Had driveshaft and carbon seal replaced before I bought it.
Overall super clean appearance.
First time I had it docked over night it took in a significant amount of water while sitting. When I got going (before realizing there was water in the hull) I got IBR error codes and I assume it was due to moisture and the module being soaked in water. That is how I discovered water in the hull.
I trailer the machine , filled the hull up with water and discovered a leak between the ride plate and inlet grate (photo attached).
Is this a common problem?
Anyone experience this?
Can I just remove the inlet grate and seal it? I hope the ride plate does not need to be removed as it sounds like a true PITA.
Any advice or input much appreciated.
CDD50AC5-B6CB-4DD2-9D8F-329E66EF4C77.jpegA723EB9C-B1CC-4EF7-AD54-E4D5D9AD1188.jpeg

Stop the presses,,,i think the water intrusion is that the water is leaking thru the 2 thru hull bolts,,,they are under unfortunately the drive shaft, there should be 2 hex nuts covered in clear silicone,,,so,remove the silicone blob,,,,,put a wrench on the hex nut,,,10 or 11 or mm...so it does rotate, then from underneath slowly remove the hex nut,,,that hex bolt goes thru a threaded sleeve that is in the fibreglass,,,
So to start,,,remove silicone blob on the 2 hex nuts under the drive shaft,,,
Or,,,secure the hex nut,,,and try to tighten the hex bolt and see if leak stops..sorry about the mixed sequence,,,had one where i tightened the bolts and the leak stopped,,,

A 2009 with only 17 hours and a carbon seal replacement? Seems odd. I have an 09 RXTX and my water was coming in through the carbon seal. The motor alignment was off prematurely wearing the seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back