Quizzed - 2009 IS 255 - 125 hours - acceleration to top speed no longer - top speed 36 mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

warcry13

Need some insight to a problem. My Seadoo sat several years for non-use in the garage, never stored outside, but prior to sitting for so long it was winterized and remove all fluids. Not sure if I can recall when the problem occurred but having several issues.

1. IBR is done - will be replacing it. I have disconnected it completely until the new part arrives.
2. Replenished all fluid levels per specs
3. Replaced spark plugs, coils
4. Cleaned out the throttle body
5. inspected the intake manifold - no cracks
6. Tested compression of each cylinder heads - 107 even across all three chambers
7. Pressure tested for leaks in the via the radiator canister
8. Inspected the pump, all good with a little wear as normal, impellor is good.
9. Checked the carbon ring and all looks good within specs.
10. Rebuilt the SC
11. Removed the inter-cooler to check for any leaks, pressure tested and all is good.
12. Inspected for any mixing of water and oil all appears well.
13. New fuel injectors

Problem: Aside from the IBR actuator not working - getting fault codes as expected. However, I am getting the P0107 fault. Removed and cleaned out the MAP sensor, looks clean but never know. Re-inspected the intake manifold - manifold looks solid.

Tested in the water today and it would not move fast enough to get to plane. Fastest it would go was 10 mph. It feels like it wanted to move but something is holding it back.

Problem isolation: Removed the rubber hose leading to the throttle body to see if more free air would help get it going. Sure enough, it ran hard but limited. Since the super charger hose wasn't connected to the intake hence top end not achieved...??? (Not a mechanic - I'm only learning from what I am reading in the forums and watching YouTube.

That said, looking for some advice as to what it might be. Only thing I haven't done was replace the MAP to address the P0107 fault code. Look forward to your help!

When the IBR goes bad, I believe it forces the ECM into limp mode. The only way I have found to get it out is to replace the IBR with a new updated one. On another thread I found the parts that you will need. The numbers are old and some have superseded, but it is what you need. Doing it right now on a 2009 RXT IS. Good Luck!
1.00 278003042 ACTUATEUR IBR *IBR ACTUATOR

4.00 293900007 DOUILLE VENTURI*BUSHING-VENTUR

2.00 268000182 ENTRETOISE *SPACER

1.00 268000152 BRAS EN ""U"" *""U"" ARM

1.00 268000067 PLAQUE SUPPORT *SUPPORT PLATE

1.00 267000474 PLAQUE RACCORD *FITTING PLATE

10.00 234081600 WASHER-FLAT DIN.125A-A2

10.00 207382060 SCREW-HEX.CAP DIN.933A2 S.GRIP

Thanks for the reply- yea I’m getting the same parts. But I’ve got no indication of being in limp mode. Nothing on the display at least. I read somewhere in the manual per some of the codes related to the ibr that limp mode doesn’t necessarily engage. Limp mode won’t let you go over a specific speed, but I’m able to get to 5-6k rpm going 36 mph…good luck on your ibr rebuild!

Back