2009 255 RXT iS Oil Pressure Switch - Updated Part Number

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

blair469

I can't seem to find an answer to a question about the oil pressure switch. Apparently the part number has changed and I want to make sure I don't need an adapter or any other parts to replace the switch. The old part number was 420856532 and the new on is 420856533. At a glance it looks like the plug is a bit different so I didn't know if there was an adapter or if in fact it fits. Anyone know for sure if additional hardware is needed to replace this switch?

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Generally, any update that requires a fitting it is mentioned on the parts sheet. If you see nothing, then I would say it is a direct fit part.

I did some digging and they look identical to me. I would bet the old style allowed oil to seep into the plug and cause issues..

Anyone have a picture of the oil pressure sensor.

Generally, any update that requires a fitting it is mentioned on the parts sheet. If you see nothing, then I would say it is a direct fit part.

I did some digging and they look identical to me. I would bet the old style allowed oil to seep into the plug and cause issues..[/

Okay I must not be looking at the correct sensor. Can someone tell me where the sensor is located? I have a 2009 255 RXT iS. My assumption is it is on the left hand side (from the rear of the ski) under a cover. However, I can't seem to find it. I see it on all the diagrams an it is part number 31, but the sensor on the machine that seems to be on that same spot has a different plug. Any help is appreciated. I don't work on these small engines much and will fully admit my inadequate knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back