Where is all my oil?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mdim

Stumped here, hoping someone has some ideas.

2007 RXT 215 with 75 hours on it. Recently changed the oil and can't get a proper reading.

- If I warm it up, shutdown, wait 30 seconds dipstick will have oil on it, but if I immediately wipe clean and check again nothing....
- Been adding oil incrementally, probably up to like 6+ quarts now (should be overfilled) and same thing.
- Not smoking, runs fantastic, no oil in coolant or hull. But not having an oil reading worries me.

Not sure what to make of this. For the life of me can't understand why I can't get an oil level reading. Is there some kind of drainback valve that can fail and instantly dry out the sump on shutdown?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I watched video on oil system, nothing sticks out.
My 2005 calls for 4.1 qts inc filter, I typically add 3.5 qts.
If yours is also 4.1, 6 qts is nuts, something is wrong.

I watched video on oil system, nothing sticks out.
My 2005 calls for 4.1 qts inc filter, I typically add 3.5 qts.
If yours is also 4.1, 6 qts is nuts, something is wrong.
Agreed, very weird. Obviously the oil drains back out of the sump after a while, hence you need to run it before checking. Far as I can tell mine is simply draining back way faster than normal but no idea what would cause that. Or how to properly check the level given its doing that.....

At 1:05 that video talks about a check valve that keeps oil in place for next startup. Thats the kind of thing I was thinking might have failed. But have never heard of that happening, nor can I find a part reference for it.

Last edited:
Back