Oil Pressure issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyd0315

HI there,
got a 2007 GTI SE given to me with unknown issues. it was running fine for a few weeks until i tried pulling a tube with a kid. Then got a 1520 code and OIL lamp, with long beep. Limp mode back home. Oil level was at top bend. Engine compartment was very hot so presumed some type of overheat going on. Flushed the exhaust a bunch of times, changed the oil and filter. Oil was black and thick so had been a while. Pulled the jet pump and wear ring had a hole in it, so replace that and some o-rings. Since then exhaust seemed to be cooling properly via open cooling system. Ski ran find for a week, thinking all was fixed i tried pulling the tube again. The next ride after pulling the tube i had a 1520 fault again after only a few minutes. So started thinking oil again. It is always tough to get an accurate reading of the oil as it bleeds up the dipstick past the top bend. i pulled a little oil out to get the dipstick reading between the bends, in case there was too much oil. Still get 1520 code. And now it is struggling to start up. Battery is new and tests fine. Solenoid is a month old. I am concerned that i have low oil pressure and have caused damage that it will not start next time, so don't want to keep running it trying this and that. Side note, i notice the coolant is full, over the max line, and very hot to the touch. So no leak but how do i know if it is circulating?
My plan now is to top off the oil, as that was not too high. i bought a oil pressure switch b/c it was only $35 but have not put it in yet. I am about to go buy a oil pressure gauge, but to be honest i don't even know if it will turn over for me next time, and concerned i might make things worse. If it was a bad pressure switch, then the 1520 would be a false error, so it would not affect the ski starting up, right? I have read that this may be a oil pump issue. i see youtube videos that show how to rebuild the oil pump. That seems out of my league as it requires to remove the PTO and a bunch of other things. Wondering if there were any other steps/suggestions as what to do next to isolate what it could be short of rebuilding the pump. Any one with experience in this area is appreciated.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back