Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

seadoo-gts

information for what brand oil filter everyone uses... I've dug for info on my ski but seems the gts is the bastard child that uses parts from multiple different models. Same engine as the spark and so on. It's the 900 ACE model if anyone has a part number on hand for oil filter and what oil they recommend. I did an oil flush and put mobile 1 in it. this time would like to replace the oil filter as well. Any info and recommendations is greatly appreciated thanks

Attachments

• 20230330_195359~2.jpg
    20230330_195359~2.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 5
I have never used anything other than OE Seadoo parts on my skis, with the exception of fuel injectors in my 2007 GTI SE 155. And I was going to change the injectors, but they actually have worked well for a couple years now. But I wouldn’t suggest anything other than OE for oil and filters. Changing oil every 75 hours (don’t like going to 100) and riding year round like I do, it isn’t worth compromising quality for a few bucks saved every couple years. That is my opinion.

Search Sea-Doo oil change kit for Ace 900 on Amazon
Yes I understand I can find kits. Sometimes people have an opinion on aftermarket parts or oil that they use that they have had good luck with. Just like in my trucks I run amsoil and wic filters. Does oem stuff work yes of course. sometimes aftermarket is better. Appreciate the info tho...

I have never used anything other than OE Seadoo parts on my skis, with the exception of fuel injectors in my 2007 GTI SE 155. And I was going to change the injectors, but they actually have worked well for a couple years now. But I wouldn’t suggest anything other than OE for oil and filters. Changing oil every 75 hours (don’t like going to 100) and riding year round like I do, it isn’t worth compromising quality for a few bucks saved every couple years. That is my opinion.
Appreciate that info and opinion. Kinda was just seeing what everyone's opinions on filters and oil. Thanks for the reply

the problem is not your question. the problem i see over several decades around this business.... specific oil brands and application conversations quickly turn into religion. oem for Sea Doo products is really, really hard to beat as the best. same with Harleys, aircraft and many other things. not a good time to talk low price or super duper extended everything, best, latest type of stuff on the water, highway or air. running 'em and changing the oil, filter with oem really does work. the conversation is still fine to have, especially if you're not in business.
sorry... typing with one wing busted up.

Back