2008 challenger se 430hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

heatman69

Any word on the new 08 challenger?
Llooking forward to putting it in the water.
We also have 2 of the 07 GTX waverunners from last year that have been a blast so far.

Challenger!.....

Wow, now are you looking at buying one of these nice looking, fast, fun, flying race horses?..........man, that's a nice looking boat.

The new 2008 Challenger 180 comes in two models. The 180 at MSRP $22,900 or 180 SE at $24,000. They both come with the high powered 1503 4-TEC engine delivering 1494 cc at 215 ponies.........!....wow

The new 2008 Challenger 230 also comes in two models. The 230 at MSRP $36.00 or the SE at $38,400!....I can only imagine what the dealer will tack on in sales prices!......but the 230 model is equipped with twin 1503's at 1494cc at a combined 310 ponies, but the SE model can either be purchased with the 310 ponies or the additional 430 ponies!......so what a powerhouse these babies are.

You can get a look at them yourself and download all the specs by visiting the new showroom line of Sea-Doo's at www.seadoo.com. Have a great look. I know I spent a half hour in there dreaming. I'm going back to dream some more.........:cheers:

There are a couple 07 still floating around for like $6,000 off retail for the taking...I almost bought one...till I saw the speedster...I bought the speedster!

Beauty!...

For the beauty of the boat, the performance and the huge price difference between the new 2008 verses the 2007, I agree with Karl, you can't beat it! I've attached a couple pix of the 2000 Speedster, just for comparison.

Attachments

• 2007 speedster.jpg
    2007 speedster.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 56
  • speedster 1.jpg
    speedster 1.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 48
08 challenger 230

We purchased the big boy at the houston boat show this year and we are just waiting on the weather to turn so we can put it in the water..
Sport looks good but we have a big family..
Cannot wait to put the 430hp to work.

I love my speedster with 310 hp. It is just shy of being broken in by about 1 more hour. I get great gas mileage and it still runs like MPH at 3/4 throttle with 4 adults in it.(remember I'm still breaking it in) I looked at the 430 hp but didn't want to stop at every gas station with gas going up to $3.50 or $4.00 a gallon by summer here in sunny Florida. I have a 1997 Challenger with a 787 engine 2 stroke also. My speedster doesn't use much more than that, based on trips to the local spots and back...But it does get us there and back a lot faster. I know you 'll love the 430 HP. if you keep it at 30 mph it won't chug the fuel much, but I have a need for speed so I pass everything on the water and can't wait to have it broken in. Oh yea, it lands with grace from about 6' in the air off of huge waves too!

Karl

Hey all, new to this forum, I noticed heatman69 bought a 2008 230 Challenger SE 430 HP, I bought the same boat last month. It's only been in the water once when I took delivery in early jan. I absolutely love it! I got the blue one with retractable windshields, didn't really care for the option, but the dealer had purchased all 2008 with retractable windshields, But after using the reatractable windows, I'm happy, its a nice option. We've had more rain, and cold weather here in so.cali than we are used to, I can't wait till it warms up so I can take it out! I had the dealer add dual batteries, so I can add amp + subs, replacing factory speakers with jl audio marine

Welcome to the seadoo forum cali64. That's a really nice ride you have there.
That stereo will surely kick some butt on the water.
Karl

Hey Cali64 where are you going to place the amp and the sub?
Sounds like a good add on for my boat.
How did the boat handle when you had it out?
I still have my boat at the dealer warehouse waiting on the cover to come in before we unwrap and bring home.

Sick!.....

All ya'll just make me sick...........:ack:
If any of you want to race me in my 1997 super Challenger with my twin 540 horsepower, supercharged, nitrous injected super prop full blown Chevy race motors, just let me know where you want to meet!..........and I go title for title. Winner take all.........!:rofl:
Oh, did I say I was just joking............please don't take my dry humor seriously!.........By most, it would widely be known as jealously!

Lol.......!

So it's pretty obvious I lied, huh? I guess one of those motors would sink my boat...........:willy_nilly:

Gee Louis, From what I understand a canoe would beat you challenger in it's condition now...:rofl: :ack:

Hit me!

Oh yeah Karl, just hit me while I'm down!............your a really good friend to have around these days! Why don't you send me a virus in my email to top it all off!............................................:rofl::rofl::rofl::cheers:

wow, this thread got really hijacked....uh, have you open you mail lately?:rofl::rofl::ack:

Thanks all for the welcome!

I haven't figured out where to put the amp+sub, my stereo guy needs to advise me on where I can put them. The boat handled great! Even at idle speeds I had no problem controlling it. The boat manager that took me out on the delivery ride said it was the best handling jetboat he has driven, and he is partial to stern drives. Yesterday I installed Hydro-turf on the swim step yesterday, it looks sick! You got to do the same, unless you got the wakeboard edition comes with it. I will post some pics if you want? I might take it out this weekend, we are supposed to get into the low to mid 70's.

I'd be interested in the pics. if you could post some. Hydro turf makes a great product.
Karl

Pix!....

Me too!....I'm always interested in seeing pix of a nice, shiny boat!....The forum supports most picture formats....but file sizes are limited. If you use the most popular, the jpg format, it allows up to 96k I believe. May be a few K one way or the other.
Can't wait to see them!.......:cheers::agree:

pix size upgrade would be nice

this is the the only site i have come to and not been able to post pix most all my file are small but not small enough for this site I beleve it would be a major up grade if site would permit larger files. a pix can say a thousand words . I am not complaining just my opinion

JPEG file of boat, hydro turf to big

I couldn't upload pix of boat or hydro turf, the max is 96kb. If you want I can send them to your email? I will use the pix of my hydro-turf install as my avatar for now. Hydro turf doesn't make pre cut for swim step, so I bought a roll of grey diamond, I used sheet paper to make impression of of step areas than traced with pencil, than cut out pattern taped on 3m backing, used a sharpie to trace pattern, than cut out.

Cool!....

The avatar looks cool!...From what I see, that's a nice boat!...
I've sent you my email address in a PM....if your not familar with PM's, it's a link directly under your sign in name for Personal Messages.
You can send them to me and I'll resize them and either send them back to you or just edit and post in your post.
Robin brings up a good point, unfortunately, we cannot support large file sizes due to the amount of memory that it would take up on the server. Could get really expensive. But Robin's request will not go un-noticed. I will forward that to the Administrators and let them see what is possible.

e-mail verses PM...

Send them through my ISP....I've attached the hyper link to the PM...I'll check my mail after dinner......:cheers:

Hey Cali can i get the pic's? You can pm them to me.
I went to the dealer today to discuss the 2nd battery and where to place it.
We also decided to add a new selector switch so i can run the stereo on the backup battery. This way if we run low on juice we can switch over to crank the boat.I am going Friday to talk to my stereo people maybe i can pass some info back tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back