2008 challenger se 430hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marine stereo's...

Marine stereo's have come along way. Manafacturers have a large selection of non corrosive materials to use now in the construction. That's why you'll see a lot of rubber. Practically everything is sealed to keep the elements out.
But when you buy your boat and this is an option, the more your willing to spend, the better your "sea worthy" stereo is going to be. The speakers have always been the biggest concern, since they cone has the most "mechanical" movement. Finding a material that can vibrate to create the sound and repel the moisture has probably been a challenge to the R&D of the marine systems. But with time, comes perfection.
Good luck in choosing the right system.........:cheers:

Cool!...

That's cool Robin. The only way we can get better at something is to "read". When my wife buys something new for the house, like a new book shelf, she wants to assemble it. After about 2 hours, she calls me to come help. My first words are always the same........."did you read the instructions"........of course, I always now the answer before she replies..:rofl:
If you need help, shout it out.......we're all here!

Congratulations Sergio on your 230 wake! Very nice boat! My brother in law is from Colima. I have the 230 SE, I don't have a wake tower or tower speakers, I'm not sure if the wake edition comes with an amplifier, but when I took my boat out for the first time last weekend, the stereo becomes distorted at medium to high levels. I'm replacing the speakers with jl audio marine components, two 10 inch JL marine subs, two JL marine amps. I'm having it done this friday, I will post pics as soon as have it done. I have jl audio in my tahoe, it's the best in my opinion, you can check it out on jlaudio.com. Let me know when you get your Boat.

Hi Cali

How small is the world.
Yes, it have an infinti amp I don't know if it's only for the speakers in the tower or for the entire sistem.

Stereo's.....

Hey man, there are a lot of nice stereo systems available on the market today thats really powerful and very inexpensive.
If you let a manufacturer install one, it'll probably cost a bundle. But if you do it yourself, you could probably buy top of the line really cheap!....
I've been looking around since your post yesterday and below is a link to a store I thought had some really good deals on some top brand bargains..

http://www.islandmarineelectronics.com/marine-stereos.html

Your right sedoosnipe, there are some pretty good deals online if your looking to upgrade stereo. I checked out the link on your post, there are some pretty good discounts! JL audio is pretty high end if your willing to pay, but you can get a descent system for a lot less, I personally like Jl and alpine.

JL?

Cali, When you say JL, are you talking about the old JBL system? They ranked really high in stereo equipment back in the 80's and 90's. Next to Pioneer and Kenwood.
Some time ago, I had a Pioneer in my boat. It had awesome sound. When I'd go up river to the "sand bar" to hang out, I'd turn up the tunes for all to rock.......well, more than once, I ran my battery down.
Now, I just take the portable along so I don't have to worry about that problem any longer. Easier to replace the "D" size batteries. :rofl:

JL Audio is differnt from JBL, JL audio is higher end, lot more pricier. Jl audio is out of miramar,fl , their marine line is made in florida(USA) not to many things made in USA anymore. I added a second battery to isolate stereo, I hope it doesn't run down to quick, maybe I'll add optima bluetop. I'm having the JL speakers, amps, subs, Installed tommorow, I'll post pics as soon as I can. You can check out JLAUDIO.COM.

If you add a second battery, you should also have a isolater installed it with a 3way switch so as to charge both batteries at the same time. You also can have 1 or both batteries on at the same time.

JL!....

Man, your right...........reminds me of blapunct....(I probably just butchered the speeling on that one!)......
The link gave me lots of info!.....Thanks..........

There are a lot of companies getting on the band wagon with marine systems.
I just can't find enough room for the 18" woofers in my boat!...lol I could pull the engines and drift around listening to tunes.

I did it!!

I took the plunge and landed me a sage green 2008 challenger se 430hp. thanks to everyone who answered my questions, it really helped me out in making my decision.

Making me sick to my stomach!....

Oh God, I feel like I'm gonna be sick.....:ack: Sick you might ask? From what? Oh, it may not have anything to do with the fact, that all ya'll got me wanting a new boat. These nice looking avatars and mine is the older model Challenger..............oh, I'm feeling sicker.
I know my wife won't go for it. The only thing I have over ya'll that remotely makes me feel better............I don't have this huge freakin boat note hanging over my head.....I'm paid for!.............:rofl::cheers:

uh...I got 3 boats and I don't have any notes...I use my beer can deposits to pay for mine....lol :ack: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back