2007 Seadoo Islandia water pump strainer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

slaizer2000

Anyone know the exact size of the connector that the strainer uses to plug in to the water pump?
Seadoo part # 204940007 is 50 dollars and I have found the flojet strainer (think it's the same thing) and only 24.99.
Only thing is the barbs can be 3/8, 1/2 or 3/4 inch and not 100% sure which it uses.
Flojet part number is 01740-010 (fine filter strainer) or 01720-010 (course filter strainer).
Jabsco part # is 46400-0010 or 46200-0010.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
After determining my pump has the quick release fittings I easily removed the strainer during my lunch break. It has 3/4" Barb although I am not 100% sure if this is a stock Seadoo pump. Could have been replaced by previous owner. I dug around a little more and found some flojet pumps whose mounting feet were more aligned to how the jabsco I have it. Wider spaced screw down feet vs what the Jabsco website shows for the Jabsco model listed on my pump. If anyone has a picture of their pump from a 2007 islandia I'd be interested in seeing it.

Pump: Based on the label it's a flojet R4305-144 however it also states to use Jabsco model 31605-0092 for marine applications. Which kind of tells me maybe someone replaced it?

Seadoo-Islandia- Jabsco31605-0092 water pump.jpg

Strainer: Jabsco 46400-0010 - Pretty sure the shop didn't winterize properly causing it to break since it wasn't broken last year.

Jabsco 46400-0010 Strainer 3Quarter Barb.jpg

Last edited:
Got the replacement Jabsco 46400-0010 strainer today and they are identical in size and shape. 30 vs 65 dollars (including taxes/shipping). Still not sure though if I have a stock water pump/strainer or aftermarket replacement.

IMG_E1389.JPG

Installed the strainer today and it fit. So looks like the flojet and jabsco products are pretty much the the same.
Strainer no longer leaks but putting this on caused another leak on the pump.
Removed the pump and it looks like the pressure switch housing also broke apart.
Now to hunt for the pressure switch at a reasonable price. Looks like there are jabsco and flojet ones that are fairly identical looking.

Also keeping fingers crossed that something else isn't broken. No obvious cracks or breaks in the rest of the housing but have some concerns some of the inners may be damaged.

IMG_1397.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back