Considering 2006 or 2007 Islandia.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Coopnjaxdad

Good day all! Hope all is well with everyone here on the forum.

I have been away from Seadoo for a few years but not boats in general. Sold my 18' this last year and am looking to get back in with something larger and more featured. I have always liked the Islandia and am scheduled to look at a 2006 this evening and a 2007 this weekend. I have found good info on what to look for with respect to the engines but not the Islandia specifically hull or interior wise. Could I ask for some guidance on the critical areas to check on these boats while buying?

Thanks in advance!

Do yourself a favor and pull the air intake hose from the supercharger and try and spin the wheel. If you can, move on. If you can't and the oil was just changed, ask to see the oil filter and look for debris. I know this is crazy when looking to buy one, but this will save you an engine rebuild possibly.

As to the boat itself, sorry, I have a Challenger and named for good reason.

Appreciate the reply! I am not afraid to be thorough and if the sellers are not open to it then I probably wouldn't want to purchase from them anyhow. Thanks for the heads up on the SCs. The 2006 does not have them.

Named for good reason as it as been challenging to own?

Appreciate the reply! I am not afraid to be thorough and if the sellers are not open to it then I probably wouldn't want to purchase from them anyhow. Thanks for the heads up on the SCs. The 2006 does not have them.

Named for good reason as it as been challenging to own?

Oh, your talking about the V6 version, sorry. My bad. I was referring to the 1503 4-Tec SC or SCIC 215hp versions. I forget Sea Doo made those back then. I forget the years but some do come with the 4-Tec engine.

Yes, challenging to own. Super fun when everything is working but a ~20yr old one can be tough at first.

I recently purchased a 06 in August23. It appeared to have average use with consistent regular maintenance. Seats, lights, gauges, and fuses all with normal wear and tear. Owner missing rear nav light pole, kiddie pool spray head, and table. Most of this expected in ~20 yrs. I ran into 2 problems. I currently have a seal leaking somewhere, very slow and i installed a secondary 12v battery with a higher capacity redundant bilge pump. I have consistently kept the vehicle in the water since i purchased it. The seals leak about 1gal/day but the bilge removes it. The second problem was a little more serious, both of my surrounding Sea Doo dealer/service centers refused to service this watercraft. Not sure if this is normal, but they said it was older than 2010 so they won't do any service on it.

Had our first trip today. All was mostly well. Coming from outboards docking was an adventure the first time around.

Weedless appears to be stuck down. Need to figure out how to get that back in the up position and just leave it be.

I removed the electronics and made it a manual lever. It took a little work but wasn't too bad. The ICS switch is now used for the Stereo.

I removed the electronics and made it a manual lever. It took a little work but wasn't too bad. The ICS switch is now used for the Stereo.
That is where I landed. For now the cables are just removed from the mount to the motor assembly and secured in the up position. Do you have a set of images or a thread of you making that change?

Had to have the bimini repaired as we have the tow arch and I could not find a replacement canvas. Picking that up this week.

That is where I landed. For now the cables are just removed from the mount to the motor assembly and secured in the up position. Do you have a set of images or a thread of you making that change?

Had to have the bimini repaired as we have the tow arch and I could not find a replacement canvas. Picking that up this week.

I just searched around and no one had any pic's. I read a few of other peoples mods and decided to just do my own. I just used the existing bracket and cable and have a locked position with a pin. If I remove the pin I can manually exercise the grate. Right now I am in the midst of pulling the engine to be cleaned out an/or possibly rebuilt and things are a mess right now. But If I can get to the changes I will post a pic or two.

Basically remove the bracket and electronics. I unplugged the two cables and terminated the plugs with dummies I made up. I kept the original bracket so I would have a mount for the cable. I re-used the plunger and cut/stripped it down so it was usable. I then attached the cable again and found the correct position for the bracket to be drilled. I used a 10/32 stainless bolt and put a gas cap chain on it and drilled the bracket and plunger so it would fit. I am still in the process of making the lever as I only did this mode about a month ago and may actually just go with a finer grate like this: Anti-Debris Water Intake Grate - Sea-Doo

I also re-purposed the switch and had a new cover made that is like the originals and is labeled Stereo so now it doesn't looked hack up.

Makes sense to me. I like the look of that grate.

I am on the hunt for those horizontal bunk brackets that are on the boat trailer. Mine are rusted to hell. I haven't been able to find direct replacements yet.

Last edited:
I was able to find a bunch of stuff on amazon and also etrailer. May not be name brand replacement but will be the exact same or very close to the original.

Back