[MOVED] 2007 Seadoo GTI Info and Troubleshooting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

djcomm

Hi Everyone!

I have acquired a 2007 Seadoo GTI 4 TEC. I am not familiar with this model and had a few questions as I try to bring this boat back to life. I bought it with the understand that it ran fine the last time it was used (2021). Of course the fuel was bad as well as the battery. I have put a new battery on the boat, siphoned all of the gas out of the tank (thinking there was only 2 or so gallons in the tank by the percentage filled in the tank, surprisingly I brought out over 7 gallons). I have put 2 gallons of new fuel in the tank and tried to crank. The engine turns over with no problem but does not hit after about 20 to 30 minutes of intermittently trying (allowing starter to cool frequently).

Next step was to check all of the fuses (main panel all are good). I have pulled the plugs out and have determined I want to replace them as my next step. I will pick some up in a day or two. I smell fuel on the plugs so my first assumption is there is fuel making it to the cylinders. I know that is not a good test of working fuel pump and injectors, but I am looking for, at a minimum, a vague sign of life when I turn the engine over.

The questions I have for the group are the following:
  • When plugging the key in I get the expected 2 beeps. However at times I get 4 beeps after cranking. Occasionally I get a long tone. I know anything outside of the 2 ready beeps there should be a message on the info center (which is also broken in my case). So, without the gauges and not knowing someone that has Buds what are the recommendations or concerns with the additional beeps or tone?
  • I understand that on some skiis the information center must be working for the boat to run. However I have not found any information that applies to this model. Please correct me if I have overlooked something in the forums.
  • Next, I have looked everywhere for information on the engine that is in my unit. The EIN is M6540219. It does not have a turbo and there are no other stickers on the model number outside of GTI on the external hull. So, I am assuming it is a standard GTI and not an SE. It is a white boat and yellow seat. With that information, I am assuming it is a standard GTI 130HP. Is there anywhere else I can look to validate that information, or is that all I need?
  • Would you replace the coils with the plugs in this case?
  • Any other "I would do the following" comments are welcome (except maybe drag it to the dealer).
I have no problem getting my hands dirty and am experienced with restoring old cars (nothing with an ECM though). Lets just say I am a beginner with boat mechanics.

Thank you for the add to the group and I am excited about the possibility of getting this on the water soon.

Doug

Could a moderator move this to the PWC forum. I apparently posted it in the boat forum. Apologies..

Recreated in the correct forum. If a moderator could delete or lock this thread I would greatly appreciate it.

Have you checked for spark ? I typically use a little ether in my mowers & cars if they have been sitting too long.

Finally a chance to put some time on it today. Compression test, excellent, coils, good, fuel lines purged, pump checked. New plugs - Fired Up! Runs excellent!

Today should finish replacing old hoses, drain plugs etc.

Now for the Cleanup.

One item, I have never done gelcoat which the body as a ton of nicks and scratches (apparently tied to a dock for some time). I have watched a few videos. Any recommendations or cautions?

Finally a chance to put some time on it today. Compression test, excellent, coils, good, fuel lines purged, pump checked. New plugs - Fired Up! Runs excellent!

Now for the Cleanup.

One item, I have never done gelcoat which the body as a ton of nicks and scratches (apparently tied to a dock for some time). I have watched a few videos. Any recommendations or cautions?

I would wet sand and buff. Or fill and paint with Imron.

Now for the Cleanup.

Gelcoat repairs are not to difficult to do, grind out the damaged area with a dremel tool with some 80 grit, blow off the area, clean with acetone, mix and apply your gelcoat with a brush or I’ve used a q tip to and just let it drip where required. I have a piece of wax paper taped beneath the repair spot , once I have enough gelcoat on I pull the wax paper over the repair and tape around it. If you need to apply a second coat you will need to rough up the first coat of gelcoat to put on to remove the wax in the gelcoat. Once yo in get the gelcoat laid so it is above the surrounding surfaces wet sand it starting with 400 or 600 grit being sure not to touch the surrounding gelcoat, once you are close to being flush, go to 800 grit, once flush use 1200 and don’t worry if you now hit surrounding gelcoat and lastly 2000 grit and again you can now use the 2000 on the new gelcoat you laid as well as the surrounding areas’s. Then a mild cutting compound like Meguires 49 and a polish like Meguires 45.

Back