2007 GTI - how to tell if it's a 130 or 155 HP??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian J

Can anyone tell me if this is a 130 or 155. Or tell me where to look to find out? Thanks

From the extended warranty sheet:
Model #000247A00
GTI SE 1503 WH

I spent a little time trying to figure it out and it looks like the difference was a ECU flash. My guess is it will have to get plugged in at boni to find out for sure.

Interesting point about it only being a flash difference. Just wait a few years when people start selling their Sparks.

Buyers will not know which HP the ECM is flashed at.

Thanks for trying. I googled this for about an hour. I think that 247A is the key but I can't find the chart for '07. I downloaded the 2007 manual and the chart in there referencing the model #s is for the 2006s. Not a big deal I just thought I would see on here if someone knew. Odd that Seadoo doesn't make this more known (like a graphic on the hull) as it is a $700 upgrade at new.

Funny that you and I both bought 4tec machines the same weekend and are the only posts in here right now.

Are all the components the same, like pistons, compression ratios, fuel injectors etc? Has no one out there figured out a way to flash the ECU's for higher power yet?

I'm sure flashing it to 155 can be done. They are already flashing 60 hp sparks over 100 hp. The only difference in the 60 hp and 90 hp spark is the flash.

I thought the cam profile on the 155 is different than the 130. That and a slight difference in tune is what gives it the extra oomph.

GTI model is 130, GTI SE is 155. I thought the GTI was white and the GTI SE was silver as I remember. There are a couple of differences other than the ECU including camshaft.

Thanks for the info, I hate to do this to you but.....are you sure? NADA shows they offered the SE in both, that could be wrong.

From NADA website:
GTI SE 130

10'

JET

FG

Gasoline
GTI SE 155

10'

JET

FG

Gasoline

Yes and No. There is a 2007 GTI SE 130 but it is also white and exactly the same as the GTI 130 except for a couple add ons like a rear boarding step, mirrors, speedo, foot mats, etc. Any white and yellow 2007 GTI is a 130, any silver GTI is a 155.

The next year or so they added the 130 or 155 decals right on them so it wasn't as confusing.

Yes, in theory it has less torque and hp but it's not very noticeable in my opinion. What is more noticeable is the top end, the 155 does go 3-4 mph faster and most will hit 60 on the speedo where the 130 usually only hits mid to upper 50s.

The newer 130s with the iBR and Icontrol(fly by wire) are very torquey in sport mode. They get up and go!

do you guys think the ecu programming is the same between the gti 155 and the boat 155? I'm thinking of buying a wrecked 07 GTI I found and sticking it into my old Challenger. I love this boat and it's styling))

I have an white/yellow 2007 gti , so this is for sure a 130hp?(not equipped With speedo) always thought it was 155 :( does 52,9 mph measured With gps.

Yes, 130 and the top speed is in line with the 130 but maybe 2-3 mph slow even with gps. You should check your impeller/wear ring.

All the newer speedos are gps based right from the factory, around 2011 and up.

Ahh ok,at least now i know...any reason to be worried about impeller/wear ring? Or is it just to get the extra 2-3mph? Bought it last year and only driven it about 7h,so im pretty new to this...but the jet has about 270h total

Kinda off topic but my jet is not equipped with speedometer sensor.(anyone know what version i have then?Seadoo gti 130 std?)so i am looking into buying an original speed sensor and mount it.(i can see that the connector for this is there.) Anyone done this? Made a thread about this and got the answer that it has to be calibrated by dealer? Can someone confirm this?

Nothing to be too concerned about with the impeller/wear ring, just performance will be better with faster acceleration and higher top end.

Yes, you have the GTI 130 standard model and the dealer has to program the speed to show up on your display. You can install all the hardware easy enough but only a seadoo dealer with BUDS software will be able to make it appear on the LCD, not really calibrate, it's just checking a box in BUDS and writing the change to your ECU. I would do it for you if you were here in the US. I've done lots of speedo add ons.

Ok,thank you for clearing things up for
Me! :) i asked the dealer here about this,but they didnt know anything about it,so i guess i will just live without it ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back