2004 SeaDoo Bombardier SOB!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AzBluEyeDevl

so today I was out on the lake with the boat and family and having a blast, then all of a sudden when we pulled into a cove, it sounded like the oil rings were grinding on the inside of the piston cylinder and the motor stalled out. We tried to fire it back up, it stalled out again, then wouldn't start anymore. IDK a damn thing about watercraft mechanics so I need some help anyone?? When i tried to start the boat back up it sounded like it was lagging finally I gave up and had to manuallly tow the bot through the water with a rope and some good old fashioned manpower ha!! Anyways I love the boat just don't wanna dump more money into it through this shifty boat dealer if I can figure it out myself.

yup what is it?

If you were back in a cove, you could have sucked a large rock into the pump. (That would explain the grinding)

BUT... if it's a 2004 with a 4-tec engine... it may be done. (Engine rebuild time)

well..

its a speedster 2 stroke boat not the ski, but idk much more about it than that I bought it 6 weeks ago from what I throught was a credible shop now having issues out the ass, i checked the impeller grate and it looked clear back into the impeller, I attempted to start back at home b/c i wanted to see if the problem wa sin the compression but i am still getting a grinding noise from inside the enginge. I now know two things, used boats are always a problem ha! and also that it isnt an issue with the compression of the cylinders, I am thinking maybe it threw a piston ring/oil ring something of that nature?? ill post the engine type when i get home from work later

yeah

I havent actually had chance to hook up gauges to check compression son went to the hospital but i know its something internal because even after bringing it out of the water when I tried to start it i hear a severe grinding from inside the motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back