2000 Sportster LE 951 No Spark, What am I missing???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Msincav273

Trigger is coil within range...
Two Beeps when Key is on post
Cranks Strong
No power to primary side of coils. Should this be constant 12v as with collapsing coil?
No short in wires to primary side, Good ground in rear electrical box.
All fuses on MPEM and one in rear box checked

Being that it is winter, things slow down here a bit. If you get no answer throw this in the PWC forum as more members will view it.

Trigger is coil within range...
Two Beeps when Key is on post
Cranks Strong
No power to primary side of coils. Should this be constant 12v as with collapsing coil?
No short in wires to primary side, Good ground in rear electrical box.
All fuses on MPEM and one in rear box checked

On my 2001, 12V pulse from MPEM to fire coil, both coils are pulsed via separate driver circuits inside MPEM

Are you certain your coil ground is good?

See attached 2001 schematic which should be same, I think.

Attachments

• 2001 seadoo 951 schematic diagram.jpg
    2001 seadoo 951 schematic diagram.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 23
grinditout

I use a spark tester, Looks like a spark plug with ground clip and also timing light

Ignition signal ceomes from the flywheel pickup, maybe you can detect an ignition trigger pulse with an AC voltmeter connected to the flywheel sensor connector terminals? If water gets in the alternator stator cover, or if starter shrapnel sticks to the permanent flywheel magnet and gets flung about, that could damage the parts in there. Sometimes those parts inside the cover can come lose too, especially if someone didn't use loc-tite on the screws during assembly. Sometimes reseating the connectors on the MPEM can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back