1998 seadoo 951 xp limited no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigpete

Hello everyone
I have a 1998 seadoo 951 xp limited with no spark. But let me start with what happened. It did run before and ran like a champ. I went out on it one day and then it quit working for me. I had found a the 15 amp fuse in the front Electrical box. Was melted. I replaced the fuse and fuse holder. Went out on it agian for a few hours no problems. Went out on it again the next day. Worked for a bit then died on me. Checked the fuses again and found the 15 Amp fuse on the mpem was blown. I replaced it and it blew immediately. I disconnected the trigger and stator connector and replaced the fuse and it didn't blow. I tested the stator and found it was shorted to ground. I replaced it and now I don't have spark. I have check the ground wires and they are good and have good I have no problems there. I have rechecked the stator and trigger they both are good. The stator is putting out ac voltage 4.5 ac volts during cranking. And the trigger is putting out 0.45 ac volts when cranking. That's with the connector disconnected. I check the ignition coil resistance is 0.5 ohms on the primary coils. 12.3 kohms on the secondary coil. On the signal wire I only have 0.16 volts. The wire condition is ok. I am thinking that the mpem is the cause of the no spark. Any other ideas that it could be before I buy one.

The other thing on the coil is if I disconnect the signal wire on the coil and do a continuity test through it to ground I have continuity through it. I was thinking that it's possible the ignition coil is bad but when I seen the low voltage I am suspecting that the mpem is also bad

Very often,,,a common occurance is the shavings from the starter bendix become lodged berween the stator ring and external stator windings ...shorting out the stator and thus blowing the fuse.

Very often,,,a common occurance is the shavings from the starter bendix become lodged berween the stator ring and external stator windings ...shorting out the stator and thus blowing the fuse.
I did clean it out when I put the new stator and trigger in. But when I measured the stator wires to ground it was shorted

I did clean it out when I put the new stator and trigger in. But when I measured the stator wires to ground it was shorted
Thats why I replaced it. Now I do not have any spark going to the plugs and I think I don't have enough voltage to the ignition coil or the ignition coil maybe shorted to ground because I took off the white wire which is the signal from the mpem and check for continuity I had it through the coil to ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back