2000 Seadoo GTX ME not beeping anymore with lanyard in

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unleashednj

For starters Hi everyone as I'm new to posting on this forum but have gotten answer in the past by reading other posts.

I have a 2000 GTX ME which was doing nothing with my battery on it. so i put jumper cables to it and it was giving me the 1 beep meaning my lanyard was not programmed which i knew. SO i figured it was the battery and thus replaced. now even with the new battery it still does not beep and also no longer beeps with jumper cables on. I have also checked all fuses to make are they were not blown.

Could this be because an un-programed DESS Lanyard. that it would only do the beep once?(side note prior to getting new battery and doing the jump i did put the lanyard on hear the beep then remove it and put it on again and it still beeped. took the jumpers off to check for beeps and nothing then jumped again and had beeps)

should the DESS Post show power running to it, as a way of telling me everything is working and can be programmed?

I would hate to bring it back to the shop to program again and get charged $45 and nothing done.

I thank you in advance for any help given.

For starters Hi everyone as I'm new to posting on this forum but have gotten answer in the past by reading other posts.

I have a 2000 GTX ME which was doing nothing with my battery on it. so i put jumper cables to it and it was giving me the 1 beep meaning my lanyard was not programmed which i knew. SO i figured it was the battery and thus replaced. now even with the new battery it still does not beep and also no longer beeps with jumper cables on. I have also checked all fuses to make are they were not blown.

Could this be because an un-programed DESS Lanyard. that it would only do the beep once?(side note prior to getting new battery and doing the jump i did put the lanyard on hear the beep then remove it and put it on again and it still beeped. took the jumpers off to check for beeps and nothing then jumped again and had beeps)

should the DESS Post show power running to it, as a way of telling me everything is working and can be programmed?

I would hate to bring it back to the shop to program again and get charged $45 and nothing done.

I thank you in advance for any help given.

never...ever hook jumper cables up to your jet ski.. you will fry all the electrical..

that being said.. you may be better off posting this in the 2 stroke section.. youll get more people who can probably help you better

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would he fry his electrical fr.o.m. using jumpercables??

a car delivers 14v and a Pwc does the same. more amps in the car but still the same volt

Just reiterating,,, it is fine to jump from a NON-RUNNING vehicle. But DO NOT jump from a running vehicle. The MPEMs do NOT like it and they are very expensive to replace...

Check ALL FUSES especially the MPEMs fuses. If they are all good, then there is a chance the key lost its program to the MPEM.

Local dealer can reprogram it easy enough or we have members here that do it considerably cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the lanyard i was using was never programmed as why i was only getting the 1 long beep. but now I'm getting nothing.

I think it is Dr. Honda that can test your MPEM and program the key to the MPEM.

I suggest you take that path to ensure you did not smoke the MPEM and confirm the key is correct for that MPEM.

Anything else is kind of a waste of time until you know the MPEM is good and the key works with that MPEM...

Im not sure what happened but i went to test it today in hopes it would be working like i do every few days and now its working all of a sudden. not sure what happened. but thanks to everyone for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back