2009 RXT 215 with SC will not start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

maXjrNC

I tried to put my RXT in the water yesterday for the first time since winterizing it. I put a full charge on the battery then hooked up the battery cables. When I attach the lanyard I hear 1 long loud beep then 2 beeps. I hit the start button and I hear the starter activate (as normal) but the engine won’t turn over at all. Any ideas on what you all think could be causing this would be appreciated. Thanks

Bad battery or bad connection is where I'd start. Have you had the battery load tested/ What voltage is the battery reading while you try to start it? The long beep can be a low voltage signal or a communication problem with the cluster.

Bad battery or bad connection is where I'd start. Have you had the battery load tested/ What voltage is the battery reading while you try to start it? The long beep can be a low voltage signal or a communication problem with the cluster.
I have not had the battery load tested. I will check the battery load and see what I find out. I sure hope it’s not a cluster issue. I will check back later.

I've had batteries that appeared good and showing 12.x volts, but did not have the amps to turn over the engine. Also, I've bumped and loosened wiring connectors when removing and reinstalling the battery. Those are a couple easy things to check.

Just for some battery knowledge the best way to kill a lead acid battery is store it for extended periods of time with less than a full charge especially in a cold environment.

It’s called battery sulfation.

Thank you all for the help, It was the battery . It would take a charge but couldn’t handle the load. I put a new battery in and it fired right up. Have a great day y’all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back