2000 GTX Runs EXCELLENT on trailer, bogs down with throttle in water and dies

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakload

Need some help with 2 SeaDoo GTX. I have had all fuel lines, fuel filters, oil tanks replaced, carbs rebuilt.

They are running GREAT on the trailer, they idle and throttle up well. Once in the water, if you give them throttle, they die out.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like something isnt right with either the needle and seat, spring or lever. Thats where typically the problem is when it wont run on the water, but will on the trailer

Or...head or base gasket is leaking water into the motor when you get some pressure going. long shot, but I wanted to throw it out there.

A Lean Condition

You need to check the Pop-Off of each carb. They need to be within 1 psi of each other. Refer to the HOW-TO section on makeing carburetor
adjustments. PO is very important for a crisp throttle response. Who did the carb re-build? I'd be asking questions. Mikuni BN46's.
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/seadooforums/Seadoo_oem/Seadoo_PWC.asp?Type=13&A=76&B=16

2000 GTX 947 270500790 270500417 BN-46I-42 MAIN-162.5 PILOT-75 2.0 270500313 19 - 23 LOW- 1-1/2 HIGH- 0 ACCEL PUMP ON PTO CARB

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the fuel selector valve cleaned/replaced when the fuel lines were changed?

Also maybe check the water seperator/filter O ring and make sure it is sealing completely.

could be a bunch of things.

As above... the obvious issue is fuel related. I know you said they were just rebuilt... but I refer you to this thread....

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?33643-Even-the-Pro-s-screw-up-once-in-a-while.

So... pull the carbs, and check the filters, pop-off, and make sure that every single internal port is open.

BUT............... DO a quick compression check. 9 times out of 10... when we see this problem on this board... the engine needs rebuilt, and the compression is low. 150 psi is perfect... anything under 130 is going to need a rebuild... and anything under 120 will give you the problem you are telling us about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back