2000 gtx no rpm on the lcd

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

borristheboxer

Hi guys. Just put in a new lcd to my 2000 gtx and had it running on the water for the first time. Was great to have it all up and going again but have a few questions.
Since the lcd has been replaced i have noticed that the rpm on the guage does not work. I replaced the gauage with the same part number from seadoo. Everything seems to be working fine, the gas guage shows a little less than what i have in the tank, no probs there, the oil is working and the speedo is umm 3mph different to the manual gauge, not worried about that either, its just the rpm. I'd like to know how to fix it so i can check out the rpm im doing as i'd like to do a prop change in the off season.
Any ideas how to fix it?
the other question i have is about the compass. i dont know how to use it or even know if it works.
thanks for your help
Scotty

Wire..

Sounds like the info center is working, just not getting a signal. The RPM wire is your grey wire on the #1 AMP plug on the MPEM, should be wire #3. If you didn't use a die electric contact grease, then you could give that a try.

The only drawing I have on the 2000 GTX is for the DI motor. It's likely the RPM signal wire color and plug are still the same. But, if you run into a different wire, don't use that reference.

The power for the info center is supplied in a cascade set up from the speedo, that should be fine, since you have power to all other functions. The initial signal is from the ignition but relays into the MPEM, then sent to the info center for a read out. If your engine runs, then the initial signal is supplied to the MPEM. So, that leaves your wire from the MPEM to the info center or inside the info center itself...:cheers:

OKay i have checked the wire and yeah it in pin 3 so thats okay. but still nothing is happening.
Do you know what other wire going into to mpem the rpm is from the motor?
i'd like to know which one it is and where it is so i can back track and make sure its working on the engine.
Maybe i might be able to join the 2 wires somehow to get the guage working properly
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back