2000 gtx ME

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

saltysway

I have an 2000 gtx ME (red) with 180 hours. I recently had the carbs rebuilt, new/used MPEM installed, drive shaft bearings and steering cable redone only to find out today that I have low compression in the rear cylinder and it is preventing the ski from starting. The compressions are 145 and 80. My question is, do you guys think it would be better to part the ski or just sell it as is. I would really like to sell it as is, but I have no idea what price to ask. Does anyone have advice on an asking price?

Thanks for your inputski.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why part or sell it. Put a top end into it and get another season or so. Most need a top end around the 200 hour mark. But thats 4 years if you did 50 hrs a year. Which is not the norm. It for sure is worth more running as compared to parting or selling as is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, I agree, too nice a ski to part out. Check out the top end kits from full bore, send them your jugs and pistons, they'll send them back bored, honed with new pistons installed, very easy.

Lou

I don't think I have the skills to top end it or I would give it a try. I'm scared I would just be throwing more money away. It has ran great for many years, but early this summer the steering cable lock broke in the back at the through hull and it took on water which l reckon led to the compression issue.

Back