1998 GTX Limited Fuel Inlet Connector Broke Off #$%&!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

keithjohnson49

First post guys, I could use some advice please.

I was changing the grey hoses out and the fuel inlet hose connector on the fwd carb broke off!! This is the "T" connector on top of the fuel pump body.

So, is the T fitting threaded in or is it even replaceable? Or, can the whole fuel block assy be replaced? Or, am I just hosed......

I appreciate any advice or lessons learned from anyone.

KJ

Contact [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] he will have any carb part you could possibly need

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

You are not the first,, won't be the last...
[MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] will be able to steer you straight.

Unfortunately those are rather fragile, a careful twisting action can usually work them free but alas sometimes those type of fittings can snap off. Same thing is true for those nipples on the fuel tank BTW, so twist them to break the seal and be gentle.

Fortunately these carburetors are plentiful in both used and new forms though, so you won't have any problem locating a replacement block. In the case of those unobtainable antique carburetors however, I'd drill out the old fitting and press in a new metal nipple made of steel tubing.

Yep I feel for ya! I did the same thing a few months back trying to get those stupid stock gas line clamps off Minnetonka took care of me I forgot how much,but it was a fair price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back