1996 speedster performance help ( first time owner)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitemikep

I just acquired a 1996 for dirt cheap the motors need a good re build i am mainly gonna use it for towing and what not and have heard they are not the best for that. was wondering if there is any thing i can do to boost the power a little all i know about it is it is the 717 with the dual carbs. any help would be appreciated

Speedseter not good for towing?? Who told you that!!! You have two 85 HP engines, and a boat that only weighs 1100 Lbs. With that said... it's not the ideal "Wake" boat... but it will tow the living crap out of anything you put behind it.

As far as the boat's are concerned... I don't recommend boosting power. You loose reliably, and burn more fuel.

I've had my 96 speedster out about 4 times already this year and I personally can't imagine towing anything with that thing. It's either "on" or "off". if you've ridden an mxz or Rev 800 sled you know what I mean. I had an old Glastron with a 4cyl stern drive that was a beautiful ski and tow boat. Bought it for $900. Sold it for $1200 2 years later. There are MUCH better tow/ski boats out there and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back