1996 Seadoo Speedster Engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Unbroken526

Hello
New to the forum, i purchased a 1996 Seadoo Speedster with dual 717 engines. Owner said that one engine works with no issues, the second one will only run on full choke. I have rebuilt the carbs and have had no luck getting it to start without the choke on. I have a automotive compression tester and have secured it to one of the cylinders on good engine and think im doing sonething wrong cause only showing 95psi. Same psi for each cylinder on both engines. Looks like a after market electric fuel pump has been installed. Im new to this, so please any help would be greatly appreciated

You will need an accurate compression tester. I like to see 140psi and above on compression. I've seen a good bit of damage with the engine still providing 130psi. My philosophy is that the engine is already failing and the long you run it the more damage will occur. That philosophy is not for everyone but I'm an old Two-Stroke guy and I like strong top ends. Strange that you are seeing the same compression reading on every cylinder on two different engines.

Back