1995 XP oil injector problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

95xprider12345

Here it goes, I rode my 95 xp for about 2 hours. I got back and checked the oil level and it didn't move. Seems like the oil injector is not working properly. From what I have looked up, the oil injectors seem to go on the 95 xp's often. What is the next step?
Should I just pre-mix into the gas tank to ensure a lubed ride?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
BG.

Here it goes, I rode my 95 xp for about 2 hours. I got back and checked the oil level and it didn't move. Seems like the oil injector is not working properly. From what I have looked up, the oil injectors seem to go on the 95 xp's often. What is the next step?
Should I just pre-mix into the gas tank to ensure a lubed ride?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
BG.

Yes!
Run 40:1 but you will foul plugs until you service the pump and injector lines.

You waste less oil on injection.

Mark tank with sharpie and see if level goes down.

you have a large oil tank and it wont look like it goes down much after riding for 2 hrs unless u ride wide open all the time...if you wrode it for 2 hrs and ur oil pump wasnt working you wouldnt have a running ski anymore

Thanks for the Quick reply Brock and ocod. I will take a sharpie to the tank and see if the oil goes down. If it doesn't go down a sufficient amount then I will look into getting a new pump, and replacing the lines.
Thanks again.

.... From what I have looked up, the oil injectors seem to go on the 95 xp's often. .......

Where did you look that up??? There is nothing wrong with the oil pumps on the 95 XP's. First... if it wasn't pumping oil... you would have melted an engine already. BUT... when was the last time it was serviced? There's a filter in the feed hose, and normally when people say... "I lost an engine because of the crappy oil injection"... what they really mean to say is... "I'm an idiot because I lost an engine, and the oil system hasn't been serviced in 17 years, and the filter was plugged solid."

Putting a sharpie mark on the tank is a good way of knowing. BUT... make sure you make your mark while it's sitting still, in the driveway. Since the level can appear to change is you change the angle of the ski. Then... when you get home... put the trailer in the same spot, and check it again.

Remember it's a variable system... so if you aren't holding it wide open all the time... it may only burn an average mix of 50:1. SO... if you burn your entire tank... that's only about 23 oz of oil. At full throttle... you will still burn less than a quart of oil. (That's assuming a full tank of fuel)

Last edited by a moderator:
So i took the 95 xp out again today, got home and the oil level was at the same spot I marked it off at after riding for an hour our so. Should I just pre-mix 40:1? or is there a way I can check the oil system for a blockage?

if you had a blockage you wouldnt have an engine by now..you have ran it several times claiming it has not moved ...somethings not right remove the oil pump and hook it to a drill and measure its output...spin at 1500 rpm for 30 seconds i think its supposed to be about 1.5 ml check the manual to verify

your engine wouldn't run for a hour without oil. service the oil system as tony said and you will be fine. make sure you change the lines also. they get brittle and break after time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back