1995 HX & XP Oil Injection Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

orbit398

Hello,

Bought two old waverunners, 1995 HX & XP. Basically restored both. Rebuilt both engines and the run great. Took the out yesterday. I am running two tank fulls of 50:1 premix to break them in as I have read several procedures on break-in. I installed clear oil lines so I can see the oil from the pump going into the rotary valve. I was hoping the oil lines would continually be full of oil. But after I trailered them home yesterday, about an hour of driving, I noticed there is an air gap in the line right by the hook up spot to the rotary valve. Is this normal? Was thinking the drive home on the trailer bouncing around may have allowed oil to drain back a little? Can't imagine that be good for the next start up especially when I start adding only gas and not premix gas. thanks for feedback

All I know is my ski will almost always have an air bubble form right next to the rotary valve in those small oil lines when it is turned off. As soon as it is started it seems to clear up right away. So for me is normal. I have had no issues. So I think you are fine. Others can chime in if they disagree.

Thanks for the reply. Now that winter is setting in, I'll check/monitor this in spring. Didn't think it was a big deal but these two waverunners are new to me so figured I'd ask.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back