1990 bombardier no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dixiedog1980

Ok so I recently bought this pwc & got it home. It started fine three or four times ( no I didn't leave it running). I took it to the lake today & couldn't get it to crank. I've replaced the spark plugs , same thing. I'm getting a good blue spark on the plugs. It's getting fuel so I'm pretty much stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm checking the compression with a gauge tomorrow but it will blow my thumb off the hole. I took the spark plug out & grounded it to the motor while turning it over. After turning it over I'm getting gas out of the exhaust

Be careful with the finger testing. It can tear your skin open and force oil, dirt and fuel directly into your blood stream.

Even 20 psi will blow a finger off. So,, lets see what the numbers are after you get a gauge on it.

I got a couple of them old skis.

You confused me with terminology of would not crank, then good spark and fuel. Do you really mean would not start, but still turns over with starter?

Some basic things with these old skis ...

Was it sitting unused for an extended period of time?

Do you know what injector oil is in it?

Old gas is no good.

Biggest issue is the fuel system; generally needs to be cleaned out from tank to and including carb.

I always connect a temporary fuel source with 40:1 pre-mix directly to the input to the fuel pump for initial run tests to eliminate problems in the fuel delivery parts.

Ok to do short runs out of water without any cooling; I generally never run more than 30 seconds, but some say it is ok to run up to a minute.

You do not indicate which model you have, SP (single carb) or GT (dual carb).

Post a couple pictures, especially of engine compartment.

Fire away with questions, we got answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back