98 Bombardier Sea Doo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Corbin2214

So I’m trying to help my family member get this sea doo going so we can go out on the lake this summer I have a lot mechanical knowledge not really too much on sea doos but on motorcycles cars truck etc so anyways he gets a new battery for it tries to start it, it pops up on the little indicator screen low 12v or something but when I hear him try to crank it just sounds kind of stuck so I take the plugs out and crank it and it shoots like a half gallon of oil and fuel out mostly oil lol anyways so it’s cranking beautifully at this point without the spark plugs in it I try to put just even one back in and it sounds like it’s stuck again like it just can’t turn it over all the way because to much compression? So he has a new battery so I know it’s not that I’m going to try to replace the ground wire later today but any other thought I should look at? Thank you!!!

It has bad inner crank seals but will still probably run but you have to get all that oil out. The only way is to keep cranking with the plugs out and your thumb and a rag to make some back pressure in the plug holes to force the oil from the crankcase up to the combustion chamber.

It takes a long time so give the battery and starter time to cool down and rest.

Back