XPL 1999 engine problem????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

campinitos

Just got a 99 XPL - mint looking ski throughout.

Ran it for about 2 hours without a problem on the lake, then suddenly it cut out. It does restart, but then keeps cutting out - also the engine doesn't sound nowhere near as smooth as it did, seems to rattle a bit - something definately not right. Makes me not think it's a fuel problem - does this sound like a carb problem? :(

The speedo has also stopped working properly at the same time.

Any ideas would be massively appreciated.

That was happening to me until I got my carbs rebuilt .. Do you still have them grey fuel lines ? and check the fuel selector, is it hard to turn. May have to clean it pretty good if not a new one..

Grey fuel lines are still in, and the fuel selector seems to be ok. The engine noise makes me think it could be a carb problem, but honestly I don't know the first thing about engines.

Was really hoping to not have to pay for a rebuild - about £900 over here, but guess that could be the problem.:ack:

Cheers

Well I would replace all your grey lines if u want the carbs rebuilt.. If not it will cause more issuse with the carbs shortly down the road.. Have you changed the Spark plugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back