Won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl stahley

carbs cleaned end of last season , stabilizer in the gas, new plugs , new battery and it still won't start all though it will start if I spray started fluid in the cylinders but not all the time and also getting some backfiring any ideas ?

Help us out here by adding ski model/year in your profile and engine size in post so we old folks do not need to look it up.

In general ...

Do not use starting fluid, use some premix gas/oil at 40:1

Sounds like fuel system and there are lotsa good info here on what needs to be done to clean things up: gray Tempo fuel line replace, fuel selector clean/replace, carb clean/rebuild, gas water separator clean and insure seal is good.

Well, that is a start.

When I get the ski started I sounds strong but I checked the pressure in the cylinder and one cylinder was at 150 and the other was just over 120 could that cause it not to want to start

Just to be certain, have you checked to make sure you're getting spark? Also, if you have the plugs out and crank the motor, do you get oil spitting out of the cylinders?

With the cylinders 30 psi difference between them you have a mechanical problem. Sounds like the low cylinder seized a piston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back