Will she fit in my garage?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you mean that the 6'10" is the last panel height as you enter the garage. If so, can your door go back further on the tracks?

It is pretty common to have 10 inches or better left on the track. If this is the case for you, you simply adjust the travel with the set screws if it is a electric door or the springs if it is a manual door.

Welcome... but it's kind of bad question. Not all garages are the same.

Just measure your opening, and measure the boat when you go to look at it. If there is room... put it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering a Utopia as my first boat. The specs list her as 6'7 tall on the trailer. Is that right? Looks a lot taller to me when you see someone standing next to one. My garage door is 6'10. Has anyone put one in their garage?

Here's a link to the specs. http://www.sea-doo.net/units/2005/utopia-205.pdf

My Utopia 205 lives in the garage during winter. Normal garage height, but the trailer pushes the limit lengthwise. My garage was built a few feet longer, you should check trailer length. This pic is while hooked to a Tahoe, plenty of clearance above.224324_3592796779090_1157968232_n.jpeg

Airsniper, thanks! I was going to ask for a pic but thought that was too much. Of course the Dr.'s suggestion of measuring before I buy is sound too. My garage is plenty big otherwise, I was just worried about the door dimensions. Thanks all!

Yep... pic is worth a 1000 words.

God luck when going to look at it... and if you have any Q's... we will be here.

That dimension sounds about right for height. Worst case scenario, you wheel it most of the way in with your truck, then drop the tongue jack and lower it most of the way down and slide it into place.

I have seen guys on the Yamaha Jetboaters site actually rig a caster on the trailer frame to lower their boat even lower than the tongue jack can to get those big boats in the garage. It was a cool idea for sure!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back