Winter Cover Feedback

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonRock

I had my son order a cover for his Challenger in October of 2011 from Poppy Company after replies to my thread,

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?46755-97-Challenger-Boat-Cover-Where-to-Buy-One

I was pointed to them and followed the advice. The cover fit and looked perfect. Very happy, but unfortunately it got a tear in it in July of this year. I finally took the time to contact Terri and she helped me deal with the issue. She was very helpful and even took time from her vacation to help me with this. Eventually I was sent a shipping label and the damaged cover was returned to the manufacturer. I was never advised what their action would be. So not certain if it would be repaired or replaced. They replaced the damaged cover with a new one.

So the reason I bring this episode up is to give a Thank You to Terri, Poppy Company, as well as the manufacturer for standing behind their product. Also want to thank the forum members for the initial pointer. I could have bought a cheaper cover. But no way would I have gotten a better cover or follow up after the sale.

Thanks to all involved.

Ron

Nice post.
Yes, Terri really takes care of the forum members.
it's great that the manufacture covered (pun intended) the replacement.

Im not 100% sure, but i think Terri and her husband actually own the Poppy company and name. Their last name is Popielarz...she use to be a professional jet ski racer and also races open wheel type and dirt track race cars. Those covers are made specifically for them. Sure she outsources the actual production, but she probably made the decision on whether or not it was going to be replaced and probably covered the cost. That is why i always recommend them. You will not find better service anywhere. They are great people!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not 100% sure, but i think Terri and her husband actually own the Poppy company and name. Their last name is Popielarz...she use to be a professional jet ski racer and also races open wheel type and dirt track race cars. Those covers are made specifically for them. Sure she outsources the actual production, but she probably made the decision on whether or not it was going to be replaced and probably covered the cost. That is why i always recommend them. You will not find better service anywhere. They are great people!!!

Terri had her hand in on the design of the original cover(s), for the company who made the fabric. At the time, she was racing and pimpping the product. Since then, she has stopped racing, and the textile company grew. At this point, she is just a distributor/sales point for NON-OEM products.

FYI... many of the OEM covers are made by Outer Armor (Poppy/Commercial sewing) But they spec their own products. Generally, "Poppy Covers" are better than the others.

BUT... Yes... Terri is always willing to help when she can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back