Sportster 150 215 HP for my mom

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I already shipped it off for the rebuild but here it is:
298.jpg

299.jpg

Btw, what are these 4 bumpers on the transom area for:
300.jpg

They're all rotten and falling apart. I'm assuming they're Chinese rubber. I can't figure out what would contact the boat at those 4 spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to search some on those bumpers. Apparently they're just there to confound the boat owner. I found several threads that went on for pages and pages with nothing but theories followed by them being disproven. Some reportedly replaced them 4 times during their ownership of the boat and they keep falling apart. I think I'll just take them off and replace the screws with some low profile ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the rebuilt supercharger back from pwcmuscle and reinstalled it. They included the original parts when they shipped it back as evidence that they actually changed them. Is there any reason to keep those? That whole process was quite painless. 30 mins to remove the supercharger and 20 to put it back in. Took her on a maiden voyage today and it ran well. Got to 50 mph indicated but the speedo is a bit slow vs. GPS. I didn't check at top speed but at 25 mph indicated on the speedo my iPhone showed 30 mph. So, it seems to have attained the expected top speed of 55+ mph.

I did pick up on a barely perceptible miss when cruising at WOT. It was so subtle I'm not totally convinced I wasn't imagining it. It only did it cruising at wot, not when at WOT under acceleration or when goofing around spinning and what not at WOT. The gas was from August and may not be 91+ octane. I topped it off with 13 gallons of ethanol free 93 octane. We'll see if that takes care of it.

The whole low speed handling was interesting. It was very responsive once I got my bearings with it. My old 2 stroke sea doos didn't have the pretend "neutral" or "reverse" like this boat has. It handles like a sports car though compared to my 23' MasterCraft (handles like the tug boat that it is).

Btw, what are these 4 bumpers on the transom area for:
300.jpg

They're all rotten and falling apart. I'm assuming they're Chinese rubber. I can't figure out what would contact the boat at those 4 spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

i asked the same question and got zero response.....
still not sure, just thinking maybe for the engine bay lid. but i havent checked if this is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back