who makes the fastest jetski out of the box?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have friends that just bought new Seadoo's. They are 4 strokes and are super charged. They can go between 60-70 mph. I'm not sure. But I would look at seadoo. They have 2 new GTX's, and we have a GTX. But definatly look at seadoo.

I heard Yamaha is bringing out an 1800cc supercharged beast for 2008.
Im not sure if this is true.

i would say the kawasaki with 250hp would post the fastest speed out of the box... but that can easily change next year!

I heard Yamaha is bringing out an 1800cc supercharged beast for 2008.
Im not sure if this is true.

Ive read a little bit about that too. Wondering what Sea-Doo will do to compete.. :)

Geez...1800cc and forced induction?

I've decided to put an LS2 Corvette engine into my jet ski for next season :D

But seriously, with some tweaking, going to turbo from supercharger, and small mods I bet 100mph+ is easily obtainable from an 1800cc forced induction engine

The new yamaha is on their website...Thats ok when my 255hp seadoo comes in this winter I will be on the lake waiting on one to show up...

I'm sorry .....what is the voliation for speeding in your neck of the woods? In some parts of Florida PWC's are ban from such use....lack of knowldge+ big pocket book= ruin it for everybody....I drive a Dodge Charger RT Hemi....dosen't mean I go 160mph...but it is nice to have the power at hand.

Geez...1800cc and forced induction?

I've decided to put an LS2 Corvette engine into my jet ski for next season :D

But seriously, with some tweaking, going to turbo from supercharger, and small mods I bet 100mph+ is easily obtainable from an 1800cc forced induction engine

There is a guy in Colorado that has a 2001 GTX 2-stroke that does over 100 mph. I will try to get some pics up as soon as I get my camera fixed.

Tested my new speedometer pickup this afternoon

I only got it to 55, but still had another 1000 rpm or so to go. I was in the intracoastal waterway down in Surfside TX and it had a little chop on it, so when I got near 50, it got real scary and kept bouncing out of the water.

I am sure that on a smooth day, 65 is easily obtainable.

And this is "out of the box". I have done no modifications to the engine.

This is a 96XP, so I bet any of the high performance 2-seaters will be pretty fast.

I only got it to 55, but still had another 1000 rpm or so to go. I was in the intracoastal waterway down in Surfside TX and it had a little chop on it, so when I got near 50, it got real scary and kept bouncing out of the water.

I am sure that on a smooth day, 65 is easily obtainable.

And this is "out of the box". I have done no modifications to the engine.

This is a 96XP, so I bet any of the high performance 2-seaters will be pretty fast.

a stock 787 96xp will not breach 55mph. Do not believe what your speedo may be saying. Though the ski is fast they were clocked in around 54 to 57mph out of the box (I have the old PWC magazine that covered the 1997 spx (787) which is the exact same ski.

a stock 787 96xp will not breach 55mph.

Then I need to find a way verify my speedo against something...

Any suggestions?

The only modification that my ski has, to my knowledge, is chokes removed from the carbs. That shouldn't make it much faster, if any, from stock.

get a hand held GPS for $80 and you will be awaken to real speeds and the work it takes to get them

Attachments

• 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:
In a recent PWC magazine I saw a ski that cost almost $30k and they haven't made many of them (obviously because of cost) and it's supposed to be by far the fastest ski and it doesn't obey any laws in regards to speed restrictions. I can't find any info online about them tho. Solid black ski, looks like a stealth bomber. With how much they talked it up about it being the fastest ever produced, I'm sure it's an 80+mph ski. Anyone else see or hear about this?

Im almost 100% positive that all water crafts sold here have a speed restriction of about 68mph (as per the us coast guard). The fastest to get you there is the rxpx. For now lol. 0-50 in 2.9 seconds.
As for the mv augusta that thing is insane!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back