Where do I post with my problem?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RWestman

I am fairly new to PWCs. I bought a used SeaDoo 2000 Model 5515 so I could learn prior to buying something newer. I believe this is a GTX Bombadier.

Under which area would I post the following questions?

I have a problem it chargering the battery. It will run for a while and then have a dead battery. I was told it is probably a bad stator.

My questions are:

How do I test to ensure the stator is good or bad?
If it is bad, how hard is it to replace the stator? (I am basic backyard mechanic, so I feel I am capable of some repairs).

If you would prefer to respond directly I will be happy to give yo my email address.

Thank you,

Ron

I am fairly new to PWCs. I bought a used SeaDoo 2000 Model 5515 so I could learn prior to buying something newer. I believe this is a GTX Bombadier.

Under which area would I post the following questions?

I have a problem it chargering the battery. It will run for a while and then have a dead battery. I was told it is probably a bad stator.

My questions are:

How do I test to ensure the stator is good or bad?
If it is bad, how hard is it to replace the stator? (I am basic backyard mechanic, so I feel I am capable of some repairs).

it is most likey the voltage regulator. take a volt meter and crank your ski like your going to flush it. put the volt meter on its 12v amp setting. touch the leads of the battery and bring your ski to about 4000 rpm. the reading on the volt meter should move from 12.4v to 13-13.7v. if not then your volt reg is bad.

If you would prefer to respond directly I will be happy to give yo my email address.

Thank you,

Ron

and please do not put your email out for questions. ask them in the forum so that others that have your problem can see them and get thier answers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back