Dead Rectifier twice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hi. I own an RXT 215 year 2005.
I recently charged my battery while on the craft and after that I was getting a red light warning not often without any code.
Checking The rectifier I was getting zero volt at the DC part. I've Replaced it with a new one and make a measurement and get 13.5 volts. Using the PWC I get a red warning again in less than 5 minutes with and the new rectifier get bad also.
I did measure the stator, it Shaws. 0.5 - 0.6 ohms and at 4k to 5k RPMs I get 50 volts but at higher RPMs I show also 70 volts AC. Is it normal. What causes the Rectifier goes bud?
Any clue what else to test or measurements I can perform?
 Thanks

Charging the battery while in your ski is a no no as stated in your Operators Manual. Can definitely cause electrical issues. Some aftermarket rectifiers are junk so it could be just a bad rectifier. Magneto looks like it's testing okay. The proper test procedures and parameters are outlined in the Service Manual, I would suggest to download it for any DIY repairs.

Hi.
First I highly appreciated your reply.
I am a new owner of an old ski and have just a few knowledge on mechanics as also electrics. It was a last minute purchase just before pur vacations.
I hade an hour or so of happiness.
I already downloaded the manual and read all this after the mistake I've made.
The rectifier is OEM. I'm not sure after all if it os bud as I found a melt fuse holder, the one that connected between the rectifier and the battery.....but not only that I end up with a burned starter relay as cables was also full of corrosion. I will replace them and let you know.
Fingers crossed 🤞

Back