2007 seadoo rxt high voltage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Twielachowski

I originally had a no charge issue with my 2007 seadoo rxt. Found the red wire going from the 30amp charge fuse was broken. I repaired the wire and now when I test it the charge voltage I am seeing is high. At rest (engine off) my battery shows about 13.2amps. Once I start the engine the voltage stays steady at about 14.5 for a few seconds and then climbs to about 17.5 within a few seconds at idle. At idle it will then fluctuate between 16.5 and 17.5. I replaced the rectifier (twice), with no luck.

I have tested the stator output (50vac @ 4000 rpms) and continuity across the 3 yellow wires. All seem at spec per manual.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Last edited:
If the stator output is consistent like it shows I would think the rectifier could be suspect , but seeing you replaced it twice I would look at the battery or ground connections. Load test the battery to see if it is failing , sometimes it can show good voltage at rest but when you put it under load it can start to short out inside. When a voltage regulator like a rectifier sees a bad connection it only sees the low voltage and charges more , a bad battery will do the same thing to it.

If the stator output is consistent like it shows I would think the rectifier could be suspect , but seeing you replaced it twice I would look at the battery or ground connections. Load test the battery to see if it is failing , sometimes it can show good voltage at rest but when you put it under load it can start to short out inside. When a voltage regulator like a rectifier sees a bad connection it only sees the low voltage and charges more , a bad battery will do the same thing to it.
Thanks. I checked all the grounds and the battery no issue. Still seemed like the rectifier so I bought a used OEM off eBay and that worked. Turns out the 2 new after market rectifiers were bad on delivery, both were Titian brand.

Back