High Voltage Regulator Output

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

iarehelopilot

Hey guys. New to the forum and looking forward to learning. I have a 2001 GTX carb model with the 951. My son-in-law recently took it out and, after 1 run, discovered the battery was dead. When I got it home, I discovered the running voltage was 12.1 volts.

After doing some research, I learned the regulator/rectifier is internal to the MPEM so I did a ground test across all 3 output wires with no grounds so I decided to bypass the internal regulator with an external one. I got it installed and the regulator output measured 26 volts at high RPM (out of the water). What the heck? Could the regulator be bad? It is brand new. I did discover the regulator was for a DI model GTX. I assumed all regulators would limit the output voltage... The ski also revs high (6000+) when started out of the water and won't shut off until the key is removed and the throttle held. Some weird happenings for sure. The ski runs pretty good in the water except for charging the battery.

Any help/suggestions would be very helpful and thanks in advance!

That is way too high and could cause strange behavior.
I would only buy the external regulator from a reputable place like OSD seadoo.

Back