Dead battery 99 GSX RFI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
That 15A fuse probably should have been a 20A (maybe changed by a previous owner). You should work with the fuses in the front electrical box that are labelled as to what they protect. Remove them one at a time to see what is drawing the most current when the ski is in standby mode. I have read about a lot of issues with VTS and one of the fuses is marked for that function.

That 15A fuse probably should have been a 20A (maybe changed by a previous owner). You should work with the fuses in the front electrical box that are labelled as to what they protect. Remove them one at a time to see what is drawing the most current when the ski is in standby mode. I have read about a lot of issues with VTS and one of the fuses is marked for that function.
So does the 15 amp fuse I removed protect the fuses up front? When I removed the 15 amp it quit drawing

1D4DCD41-072F-4944-ABAD-6158570B95DB.jpegI took each fuse out in the front box, there was no change in the draw. When I take the fuse out in the back box the draw stops, in post number 25 It is #6 with the red wire with purple strip, it goes to a connector through the e box, that connector has 6 wires and they go further to the back of the ski behind the e box. I’m guessing that maybe they go to the vts? Especially since I’ve read and heard here that the vts can cause a draw. I tried removing the 1 amp fuse in the rear e box and no difference.Do you know of another fuse anywhere? I thought there might be one for the vts somewhere? I will take the cover off the vts maybe tomorrow and have a look and maybe browse around the manual a little more tonight. I’m in no rush, season is over here. Bring on the snow😀

The fuses in the picture of post #29 should be labeled on the box and one (7.5A) is VTS. That should kill power to the VTS but you said it had no effect on the draw you are measuring. The schematic shows 2 connectors to the VTS, a 2-wire and a 6-wire. The 2-wire looks like power. Disconnect the 2-wire at the VTS and see if the draw disappears. If not, also disconnect the 6-wire (both VTS connectors) and see what happens.

I have not found the 7.5a fuse for the VTS, the manual says that there are 3 up front with 3 spares, I did remove the fuses up from with no difference. I will follow your advice in your last post and see what I can find.

FBA07C27-732F-4BE6-BA90-9C2C3D2DAFCA.jpegA little progress, I found some verification that there is a 7.5 amp fuse somewhere for the vts and that 15 amp fuse in the rear ebox should be a 20amp. I have looked everywhere in this manual but can’t find anywhere that will tell me where that 7.5 amp fuse is though

the schematic you show in post #32 is labelled GTX RFI not GSX RFI. Is the MPEM pictured in post #29 for a GTX RFI? The MPEM fuse block is different for the 2 skis, the GTX does not has a VTS.

the schematic you show in post #32 is labelled GTX RFI not GSX RFI. Is the MPEM pictured in post #29 for a GTX RFI? The MPEM fuse block is different for the 2 skis, the GTX does not has a VTS.
8061F9FE-04AE-45CC-82F2-AAFD2E3B544C.jpegGood catch, you were right that schematic was for a gtx RFI and not my gsx RFI. Here is the schematic showing the vts fuse. I will try and get a better picture of the front fuse block today, I think it was labelled (embossed) spare,spare, 15a, 5a,10a, spare. I did pull each fuse and then test for dc amperes with no change. I will check them again to be sure I didn’t miss one though.

View attachment 64440Good catch, you were right that schematic was for a gtx RFI and not my gsx RFI. Here is the schematic showing the vts fuse. I will try and get a better picture later today but the fuse block on my machine is embossed
the MPEM in post 29 is a picture of my MPEM, I’m going to go have another look at it today but I do believe the bottom fuse on that block is labelled spare. It had a 10 amp fuse in it that I removed and then tested for the parasitic draw with no change, still around 550 mA. I’m going to try and research the MPEM part numbers for the GSX and GTX RFI’s, I’m just wondering if it has been replaced at one time.

4D89A41C-52A7-4207-852A-79AB43EB4ABF.jpegJust this morning I figured out what the numbers mean, like from the VTS 3-11 BW-WH. The 3 indicates connector 3 terminal 11. It’s a slow learning process with me, lol.

Back