What is this ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebulldog

Hello all,
new owner here,
the tube thing (white) pointing downwards would this have something to do with my speedometer ?
actually my speedo is not working, there are 2 wires attached on the back and a rubber like hose/tube, they look good and solid.

Any feedback greatly appreciated, and of course ..... this round is on me !

Thank You, Bulldog

Attachments

• speedo.JPG
    speedo.JPG
    466.1 KB · Views: 27
That is your speedo. the hoses should connect to something in the hull that tells the gauge your speed.
Let me look at my boat on Saturday and get back here to post.

Please list what boat/ski you have in your avatar.

Thats a conventional pitot tube pickup for a speedometer, I've never seen a SeaDoo with that type of a speedometer, the previous owner must have added it. Anyway the other end of the tube should connect directly to the speedometer. This type of speedometer is very simple it works on water pressure usually when they stop working either the pickup or the tube is blocked by debris. Try disconnecting the tube at the speedo end and blow compressed air through to clear the tube.

Is your SeaDoo boat Mercury powered? That maybe why it has this type of a pickup.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
yep... what they said.

Take the hose off the speedo, and blow through it. I bet something will come out of it. (or it will be plugged solid) If it's not plugged... make sure the air is coming out the pitot. (You could have a broken hose in the hull)

Cheers ! a round for everyone !
Yes many thanks for the education on the pitot tube and the mechanical theory of its working,
and yes i checked the end of the tube and it is plugged solid with mud/silt, i will disconnect the line behind the speedo and get my shop vac to suck the line out, i tried blowing in the rubber hose and guage not move, so i draw on the rubber hose and a mouth of muddy water resulted which put me into code Red for a ice cold beer(s) this project will continue after some BBQ Steak and another beer(s)
Once again Many Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back