95 Utopia blown motor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Walker98

Hello Seadoo friends. I am new to the forum and this is my first jetboat. I have a 95 Utopia 185 with a blown motor. It threw a rod out the side of the block. The boat itself is in good condition and I would like to keep it. I’m looking for options to get the motor either fixed or swapped to something newer. From the little research I have done I havent been able to find another block or rebuild kit. Where can I get one? Is a swap to 240 possible with a custom drive shaft? What are my options?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Seadoo friends. I am new to the forum and this is my first jetboat. I have a 95 Utopia 185 with a blown motor. It threw a rod out the side of the block. The boat itself is in good condition and I would like to keep it. I’m looking for options to get the motor either fixed or swapped to something newer. From the little research I have done I havent been able to find another block or rebuild kit. Where can I get one? Is a swap to 240 possible with a custom drive shaft? What are my options?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A 1995 boat????
Doesn't that have Rotax engine or 2 in it?
If it does, the Rotax engines are horizontal shaft engines. The Mercury drive has a vertical shaft into a small gearbox.
Not much hope of slamming the the 2 systems together.

Options? short block.

Last edited:
Back