Welcome from France

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlyboy

It may sound strange to find a foreigner here, but here am I !!!

I haven't got a Sea Doo yet, but it is my intention to buy one in the next couple of weeks, before the weather finally decides to get better.

I live in the far South-East of France. There aren't many watercrafts in the region where I live, many boats in the harbors, yes, but often, they stay in the harbors :)

When going a bit West, maybe 50 miles, things change a bit, and we can find more people interested with this sport.

Anyway, I have two kids, turning 13 and 16 in one month, absolutely excellent mountain skiers, and I intend to teach them this summer wakeboarding and kite surfing. The oldest can also take his boat license, so he will be authorized to drive the Sea Doo also and I am sure he will love it.

My intention is to get a GTX 260 Limited. Initially, I wanted a second hand one, in perfect condition, with a limited number of hours on it, probably a 2011 or a 2012, from a local dealer simply because I will not put a lot of hours on it during the summer season and I don't really want to spend 10 hours at low speed just to wait for the first service... so boring... and not doing it wont be nice for the machine...

In order to take my decision, I have tried to visit some dealerships in the neighborhood, (only very few), and I didn't get the information I was after, which was "what are the differences in between the GTX 260 models produced in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 ?"

I was somehow surprised with what I discovered !!! Either they didn't want to tell me, or they simply didn't have a clue !!!

I registered on two French forums, and I had some replies from one person only, who seemed to be a passionate, not at all a pro, simply a RXTX 2010 owner, who obviously had some issues with his machine and learnt the "hard way" how to upgrade it with 2011 parts ...

This was a start, but not really giving me a full set of answers. Where I live, these machines are a lot more expensive than in North America / Canada, really a lot more expensive... so, before I take my Visa out of my wallet, I want to make sure that I will be happy with the model I am going to get and not be disappointed... (I am a very picky and difficult to please type of guy)

I think this is should ok for a short presentation... so I should go now, and try to find a spot in this forum to ask my questions, and hope to get the answers I am looking for..

Regards...

Welcome to the best Seadoo forum in the world...:)

I'm sure one of the mods will move this thread to the 4 stroke section.

We have lots of members from Australia, Europe, England. So you might find someone close to you in France.

Good luck in your search, but I'm no help with any 4 stroke models.

Just out of curiosity how much does a 260 go for in France? In the USA it may be $13,000-$16,000 US

Last edited by a moderator:
Seadoobuddy, you want to be scared ???? :)

The 260 GTX Ltd goes for €20,000 when discounted. The equivalent of USD 26,000

10% more list price..

I hope you were sitting... Because, I will pay for a 2011 with low hours what you pay for a 2013 brand new... :(

Ah, I forgot... €800 taxes per year on such a toy also :)

Holy crap!!

Well I cant answer your question but if you posted in the 4 stroke section Im sure someone can tell you.

Welcome to the best seadoo forum on the planet. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know. I ship worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back