Please help Drain plug assembly housing issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Guardpilot

Last ride I noticed my drain plugs on my 2011 Seadoo GTI 155 SE were tough to screw in. I lubricated them and unknowingly tightened them to tight. When I cleaned it all up I unscrewed the right drain plug and no issue. Well the left one was very right and I accidentally put to much pressure and the whole drain plug housing unit started turning and the separated from the stern bulkhead. I then was able to remove the drain plug from the housing and did my research and was planning on buying a new assembly and putting in with help until I used my boro scope and saw a pump is blocking any chance of replacing the part. So I can see the plastic thread rotating thru the hull but it’s not secured where I can screw the assembly back in. I have a closed pictures and do not know what to do. My Jetski is on a lift in a canal. Do I try: Glue the thread that is still in the hull that rotates and hope it sets properly and try to thread the assembly back in? Or simply glue the whole assembly to the hull using 3M Marine Adheasive Sealant 5200 or try and get it to a seadoo shop and god knows what that will cost to remove the pump blocking the drain plug housing assembly thread that’s inside the hull. Has this happened to anyone??????? Please help 🙏IMG_7880.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7882.jpeg
    IMG_7882.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7883.jpeg
    IMG_7883.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 14
Image.jpg
This guy had your problem and used marine sealant, he said its been good for a year. There has to be a better way, maybe someone else will chime in.

So if I understand correctly the black female threaded part in the hull spins & you can't get to it on the inside.
On my 2005 it is sealed with silicone & held by screws, see pic.
What does the 201 manual how it is attached ?
And what is in the way ?

Attachments

• 2005 plug.jpg
    2005 plug.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 6
Newer style is completely different than 2005 type above. There's a threaded collar on the other side of the hull on the tube. You have to reach in and hold the collar with your hands(not easy to reach) while another person tightens the drain plug housing. No sealant needed, there's a seal on the back on the drain plug housing. You can use a 3/8 square extension to snug up the drain plug housing after hand tight just remove the plug and insert the square tip.

Back