water getting into all three cyliners.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

derkg

need some serious help guys. i pulled em out today to get ready for the season and one would turn over once and nothing else. pulled out the plugs cranked it and blew out soooo much water. cylinders fill right up when i hook up the hose. maybe i didnt pump in enough anti-freeze when i winterized it? suggestions please. looking to get them in the water atleast by next weekend.
thanks in advance.
-derek

Anytime you get water in cylinders, you have one of three concerns. Cracked head, bad head gasket, cracked block.

In MOST cases it is the gasket. This is true with a running machine. The fact that it happened after winter, I would think you have a cracked block.

If so, it is a pretty serious situation.

You might as well pull the head and see if you can see a rust line on the head or if the gasket has failed. If not,,, then you are into the block.

Good luck...

need some serious help guys. i pulled em out today to get ready for the season and one would turn over once and nothing else. pulled out the plugs cranked it and blew out soooo much water. cylinders fill right up when i hook up the hose. maybe i didnt pump in enough anti-freeze when i winterized it? suggestions please. looking to get them in the water atleast by next weekend.
thanks in advance.
-derek

if i interpret correctly it sounds like you never got the skis running but you have the hosed turned on? Is the 130 engine like the 787 in that if you turn on the hose without the engine running you will flood the engine?

need some serious help guys... cylinders fill right up when i hook up the hose.

You do realize you have to start the engine BEFORE turning the water on, right? The procedure is: Start engine, turn on water (engine MUST be running at this point!).... Turn OFF water, then stop engine. Any other way and you're going to have a mess on your hands Derk!

ps. If you did this wrong then you now have water in your crankcase as well as the cylinders (water leaks down thru the rings in just a minute or so)... change your oil and filter ASAP!

- Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back